“Lovely B&B in central location with fantastic owners”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stratford-upon-Avon
Ambleside Guest House
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely B&B in central location with fantastic owners”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by this beautiful and quiet B&B. The owners Peter and Ruth were so accomodating and made sure that I had everything I needed throughout my stay and the accomodation itself was really clean but also very homely. An added bonus it is only a few minutes from the heart of Stratford-Upon-Avon (and all the sights that go with it). Breakfast was also wonderful with a really big selection.

Room Tip: I chose the smallest single room they offer and was at first a bit worried it would be too small but...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Helsinki
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I live in Finland, and this was my first visit to Stratford though I have even lived in Britain for six years and visited there countless times. During these stays of mine I have been in dozens of BBs, and by far this was the very best! Peter and Ruth are indeed the perfect hosts, and the best I've ever met anywhere, there was always clean and comfortable and the breakfast was top-notch! The guest house has a really good location, the RSC is not too far away, nor is anything you could possibly imagine needing. And though this beeing my first visit to Stratford, with the guidance of the hosts I had a very clear image of the city and which are the places to go. And, though I had forgotten my umbrella home, there was no worries of getting wet, for Peter offered an umbrella for my protection. I'm so sorry I couldn't stay there longer than those four delightful days, now I know where to go to on my next trip to the town of Shakespeare. Thank you so much! <3

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Greenwood
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This was my first trip to the UK and what an introduction! Peter and Ruth are perfect hosts. The location to town is perfect and the house is immaculately clean. The breakfast was the best I had the entire trip to the UK. Peter has a wealth of knowledge about the area and recommended a great place to eat as well as several other "must see " locations in other parts of the country. We did visit a couple of the places he suggested and they were well worth it. I would stay there again without any hesitation and would recommend the Ambleside to everyone who is taking a trip to the UK!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
South Carolina
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Even though I have seen Stratford several times, I would go back time after time just to stay at the Ambleside! Peter and Ruth are truly the best hosts I have encountered in the UK... and their guesthouse is impeccably clean and cozy and comfortable. The full English breakfast is also the best - he even trims the fat from the bacon! The home is very well-located, only a 5-minute walk from the town center. I cannot recommend this guest house enough! A perfect stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We wish we could have stayed longer than the one night. Everything was perfect! We were able to park our rental car at the B&B and walk to the theater, pubs, shopping, Holy Trinity church and more. Peter gave great recommendations and directions and was so kind and helpful. Breakfast was lovely and so filling. We had the top room triple for my mother, daughter and I and it was perfect. We hope the Ambleside will be around the next time we visit the UK!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2012

It's a very nice house in a very well situated area, very near to the town centre, not car needed to get to the main attractions. Personally, I think that the owners of the Guesthouse couldn't attend us in a better way, I loved my time there, they looked after us until the last detail. I've never been in a place where the owners were so friendly and helpful. I'm going to come back for sure in the summer.

Ana

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 3 April 2012

we just spent a long week end in Stratford upon Avon, fortunately we had chosen the Ambleside to stay in, which made it perfect.
Ruth and Peter were very nice and provided helpful hints for first time visitors. Be it recommendations for places to visit or for places to go for dinner, Peter gave us great tips, and his english breakfast is outstanding.
The room was spotlessly clean and there is a car park just behind the hotel.
If we come back to Stratford we will definetely stay with Ruth and Peter again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple