“Comfort, convenience and great service”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stratford-upon-Avon
Ambleside Guest House
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Very comfortable and spotlessly clean B&B. Excellent breakfast, although having to order it the night before gave me a little pause for thought. It's the small touches that move it from good to great (eg make up wipes available in the bathroom). Very conveniently placed for the station and town centre and quiet too despite being on a fairly busy road. The owners went out of their way to help, even going up to our room to check when my friend thought she had lost her purse and phoned them (and yes it was there).

Room Tip: Top floor room was particularly spacious and quiet being on the back of the house.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

This is a great B&B with the most friendly and helpful owners you could wish for. The Ambleside Guest House is spotlessly clean and located just a few minutes walk from the centre of town. I highly recommend this place and will (hopefully) be staying there again the next time I'm in Stratford.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We were staying in Stratfrord Upon Avon for the half Marathon and couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The location was very central, giving us easy access to all the key attractions and close to rail station. Peter and Ruth go out of their way to make your stay the best it can be, providing immaculate rooms and a wonderful breakfast made to your specific requests (Best scrambled egg on toast ever!). Would recommend to anyone for a wonderful stay in Stratford! Will be staying again in the near future. Many thanks Amie and Rebecca

Reviewed 29 April 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by this beautiful and quiet B&B. The owners Peter and Ruth were so accomodating and made sure that I had everything I needed throughout my stay and the accomodation itself was really clean but also very homely. An added bonus it is only a few minutes from the heart of Stratford-Upon-Avon (and all the sights that go with it). Breakfast was also wonderful with a really big selection.

Room Tip: I chose the smallest single room they offer and was at first a bit worried it would be too small but...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I live in Finland, and this was my first visit to Stratford though I have even lived in Britain for six years and visited there countless times. During these stays of mine I have been in dozens of BBs, and by far this was the very best! Peter and Ruth are indeed the perfect hosts, and the best I've ever met anywhere, there was always clean and comfortable and the breakfast was top-notch! The guest house has a really good location, the RSC is not too far away, nor is anything you could possibly imagine needing. And though this beeing my first visit to Stratford, with the guidance of the hosts I had a very clear image of the city and which are the places to go. And, though I had forgotten my umbrella home, there was no worries of getting wet, for Peter offered an umbrella for my protection. I'm so sorry I couldn't stay there longer than those four delightful days, now I know where to go to on my next trip to the town of Shakespeare. Thank you so much! <3

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This was my first trip to the UK and what an introduction! Peter and Ruth are perfect hosts. The location to town is perfect and the house is immaculately clean. The breakfast was the best I had the entire trip to the UK. Peter has a wealth of knowledge about the area and recommended a great place to eat as well as several other "must see " locations in other parts of the country. We did visit a couple of the places he suggested and they were well worth it. I would stay there again without any hesitation and would recommend the Ambleside to everyone who is taking a trip to the UK!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Even though I have seen Stratford several times, I would go back time after time just to stay at the Ambleside! Peter and Ruth are truly the best hosts I have encountered in the UK... and their guesthouse is impeccably clean and cozy and comfortable. The full English breakfast is also the best - he even trims the fat from the bacon! The home is very well-located, only a 5-minute walk from the town center. I cannot recommend this guest house enough! A perfect stay.