It could be so good, an interesting building in the heart of Shakespeare country (30 minute walk to Mary Arden's house etc) but completely squandered by a penny pinching attitude and a complete lack of management. The biggest problem is the lack of customer service. The few staff there are just going through the motions. I did not see anyone taking charge over a 4 day period. The food was very poor, bland, cold and expensive. At this level I don't expect to serve myself either. I am not a great technophile but a hotel aimed at this segment of the market should have up to date TV, iPod dock and free WiFi as standard. If someone doesn't take charge and raise the game there will be yet another management change in the near future. Either way I will not be returning or patronising any other Barcelo hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 16th Century, four-star Billesley Manor Hotel has 72 bedrooms and sits in 11 acres of beautiful countryside just outside the medieval town of Stratford-Upon-Avon. Visit the Royal Shakespeare Theatre, discover the myths and magic of Warwick Castle, then enjoy a quiet moment in the hotel’s library, where legend claims that Shakespeare penned As You Like It.A beautiful country retreat with a Health & Leisure Club that features an indoor pool and outdoor tennis court. The hotel also has a listed 100-year-old topiary garden and fountain. The 2 AA Rosette Stuart Restaurant serves modern British food made from seasonal, local produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Superbreak UK, Lastminute, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Billesley Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Stratford Upon Avon
- Stratford Upon Avon Barcelo