The approach to Billesley manor was promising as the house looked impressive and the grounds lovely....however once inside it was a totally different story!! The first room we were shown to was based in the main house up flights of narrow, dark stairs. The room was absolutely hideous, I think the look they were going for was old fashioned 'chintz' but it was more house of horrors to be honest! Grubby wallpaper, mouldy windows, a poky bathroom with the most pitiful shower I have seen and a constant dribbling toilet. Nice.
We asked to be upgraded but were told they were full and offered another room in the barn, let's just say I have stayed in better travelodges....I particularly enjoyed the dead insects stuck on the net curtains, the stained carpets and scuff marks all over the walls.
Very dissapointing overall and, after much deliberation about whether to complain again (very embarrassed!) We decided to mention it one more time. At this point we were then offered an 'upgrade' to their sister hotel, the 4* luxury Walton hall. So, despite it being now late afternoon we decided to give it a shot, after all, it couldn't be much worse. How wrong we were!! On approach to Walton hall we Saw loads of cars on their way out and joked they were probably on their way to billesley....they probably were.
Needless to say we returned home that night and decided next time we want an experience like that we will go with travelodge. Save your money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 16th Century, four-star Billesley Manor Hotel has 72 bedrooms and sits in 11 acres of beautiful countryside just outside the medieval town of Stratford-Upon-Avon. Visit the Royal Shakespeare Theatre, discover the myths and magic of Warwick Castle, then enjoy a quiet moment in the hotel’s library, where legend claims that Shakespeare penned As You Like It.A beautiful country retreat with a Health & Leisure Club that features an indoor pool and outdoor tennis court. The hotel also has a listed 100-year-old topiary garden and fountain. The 2 AA Rosette Stuart Restaurant serves modern British food made from seasonal, local produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Billesley Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Stratford Upon Avon
- Stratford Upon Avon Barcelo