“An excellent hotel.”

Billesley Manor Hotel
London, England, United Kingdom
“An excellent hotel.”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

This is our third visit to Billesley Manor Hotel. Each time our experience has been excellent.

The hotel is in a great location with ample parking. There are many places to visit in the area. Our interest this time was Stratford upon Avon and the Cotswolds villages.

Each time we have visited we have been allocated excellent rooms in the main hotel. The staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome and have a very much can do attitude.

The breakfast was of an excellent quality and the girl who served us was very friendly and helpful. I suggest that you have your breakfast before 9.00 am as it gets very busy at that time.

I cannot recommend this hotel more highly.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main hotel are the best. This time we stayed in Room 10 with my daughter and her friend...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
billesleymanor_gm, General Manager at Billesley Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 15 September 2012
Thank you for your excellent review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your experience at Billesley Manor and I look forward to welcoming you back for a fourth time! Thanks again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (555)
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My friend and I stayed for 2 night spa break. We were given a room close to the spa so we could walk there in robes and slippers! Hotel is really beautiful, the grounds are stunning. Food was first class with excellent service. Breakfast is buffet with plenty of choice. Staff were all so friendly and helpful. The spa treatments were well worth it,again really attentive staff who made us feel valued. Pool a bit basic, could do with a few finishing touches to make it more luxurious but overall we would thoroughly recommend-we plan to go again!

Room Tip: Spa rooms are modern, apparently rooms away from the spa end of the hotel are more traditional
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your post, your comments are really positive, I will look into how we can make the poolside more luxurious. Thanks again.
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Where do I start!? What a beautiful place- and the staff are so helpful and kind! I stayed over night at Billesely Manor to attend a friend's wedding. I took my whole family- me, my husband, our two daughters- 3yrs and 11 months, my sister and her husband, and their 3 sons- 6yrs and 23 month twins with special needs. I cannot think of anything that the staff could have done to make us feel more welcome and comfortable. The food was delicious- the breakfast the next morning was unbelievable! There was every choice imaginable! When I reached into my baby's change bag for her bottle, a member of staff would notice and rush to my side to offer to warm it for me. We didn't bring whole milk for the younger children's bottles as we wouldn't have been able to keep it cold during the wedding- when we approached reception to ask if they stocked while milk at all, they immediately suggested that they would drive to their nearest shop and purchase some for us! Above and beyond. I cannot wait to return to Billesely Manor for another night in luxury. Thank you- 9 happy customers here!

• Stayed August 2012
Wow, what a review! I am so pleased that you had such a good stay with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best wishes.
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We had to rearrange the venue for my daughters wedding at less than one weeks notice. We chose Billseley Manor to pick up the reins and are so pleased we did. Thanks to their staff William Watson and Rachel Tye. William and Rachel's can do attitude ensured my daughter had her special day. Everything was perfect, including the weather. William especially worked tirelessy all day and evening to ensure our every need was met. For anybody thinking about wanting to hold a special family occasion I would recommend Billseley Manor. The gardens are lovely, the Spa is great and the food is good.

1 Thank FeltCol
Thank you for your comments, I am sorry that you did not enjoy breakfast as much as the rest of your stay. I can assure you that your comments will be used to improve the services and facilities were necessary. Kind regards
UK
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Recently attended my brothers wedding at this Hotel. The Hotel is very nicely situated in lovely countryside near Stratford.
Hotel itself is "olde world" and has various options for room choice. We had a superior double room overlooking the "maze". Excellent in size, decor etc.
All food was very good with the exception of the breakfast which was only average. Would have liked to see the "full english" freshly cooked and served to the table not displayed by each item in hot trays.
The wedding service and reception was well organised and commended by all.

Room Tip: Go for the best you can afford. Contact the Hotel direct and choose a room overlooking the "Maz...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank singapore272
Gloucester, UK
Reviewed 27 August 2012

This hotel promises much but delivers less.

It is set in plenteous grounds, and looks lovely from the outside. The welcome is pleasant and the facilities, as described to us, sound amazing. When we got to our room, it looked great and was clean. The exposed beams in the ceilings gave an old-fashioned ambiance to a modern extension to the main block.

Then we realised that the TV remote did not work. One bedside light did not work. The table near the TV was rickety. The paintwork in the bedroom showed signs of damp. There was a bulb gone in the bedroom ceiling. There was a hanging rail (even over the desk!), but no wardrobe doors, so we had an ironing board to look at in bed (in the absence of TV...!) There was no convenient socket in which to plug in the kettle. And so on.

The mirror in the bathroom did not have a light over it, and was so far behind the sink that shaving or putting-on make-up was not going to be possible. And there was a bulb gone in the bathroom ceiling.

The dinner menu in the retaurant was pricey and lacked choice, but the breakfast was of a high standard.

The swimming pool (12m long) was good, and the rest of the Spa facilities adequate.

More attention to detail would make this deserving of a return visit. Maybe the Manager should try staying in some of these rooms for a night or two to see things from the guests' viewpoint?

Room Tip: Check everything electric before you unpack: it will be easier to move into a different room!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments, please accept my apologies that the standard of your room was not up to our usual high standard, further training will take place to ensure that these areas are checked and reported as a matter of course. I can confirm that I regularly stay at the Hotel as do the team managers. I hope to welcome you back soon.
Barnsley, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2012

If you are booking this hotel be careful, you may not get a room that it shows on their website. We booked a double guest thinking we would get one that it shows, how wrong we were. we got a dingy room at the back of the main house, above the pool so it was unbearably hot. Hazel on reception was lovely and did move us but only for one night when we had booked for two (hotel full). Then due to upset I unfortunatley left one of my favourite tops in the wardrobe. when I phoned the Hotel to ask if they had found it they weren't very helpful at all, and no top has been found?

Room Tip: 71 and 73 awful
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments I am sorry that it was not clear that there are different standards of rooms, to guarantee yourself a room with a view I would recommend booking a Deluxe Room. Please accept my apologies that your top was not found by the hotel staff. Kind regards