Billesley Manor Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Victoria Spa Lodge(Stratford-upon-Avon)
View Hotel
Travelodge Stratford Upon Avon(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Bar/Lounge
The Stratford, A QHotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Restaurant
The White Swan Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Breakfast included
Courtland Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Breakfast included
Stratheden Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Room Service
Payton Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
2,265 results
All reviewstopiary gardenstuart restaurantpremium roomafternoon teamain buildingsecret escapessauna and steam roomthe barnlovely groundsevening mealspa facilitiestennis courtsbeautiful hotelthree course mealspa breakold buildingnight break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Huge room overlooking the front of the hotel which was lovely although the decor a little 1980s bed and breakfast style.
Food provided for the company attendees was very average and in fact the lunch on the 2nd day was distinctly unpleasant.
At our awards evening, only alcoholis drinks were available and when I asked for an orange juice the waiter was most put out. My colleague die the same and the waiter told her to go downstairs and get it herself!
Service was average, but worst thing here was the food.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
billesleymanor_gm, General Manager at Billesley Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Thank you for your post on Tripadvisor, I have recieved no feedback that I can associate these comments to so would appreciate it if you would contact me at the Hotel so that I can see what was different about this event. Ordinarily the best feedback the hotel receives is for the food quality and excellent service so I would like to offer my sincere apologies if this was not the case at your event.

Reviewed 16 January 2013

We have recently spent four lovey days beween Christmas and New Year at Billesley Manor. The welcome and service we received form the staff was extraordinarily good. Right up untill the last minute due to a health problem of mine our trip had been in some doubt. However after considerable thought and with some trepidation we decided to travel.We need not have worried for upon our arrival duty Manager Iga was the consumate professional,she showed us to our room and could not have been more courteous and obliging. A true star in every way! Before we knew it we had been upgraded to a four poster room No 4, and from then on the stay was just very relaxing and just what the doctor had ordered!The Spa was great and the Restaraunt service and food were of a good standard. A big thank you to all!! Regards Roger and Mary Barnes.

Room Tip: Room No 4 is dual aspect, just a little speaker buzz from the restaraunt below spoils it a bit, but overall very good.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RogerBarnes

Thank you Mr & Mrs Barnes for your lovely review, I hope that your good health is long lasting and that I have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Billesley Manor Hotel soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2013 via mobile

I have stayed a couple of times at this hotel it is a gem the staff are warm and friendly the rooms are spacious and well kept the spa is also very good! I did feel that they were slightly understaffed and the bar area could do with a bit of a makeover there was dust on the wood of the bar and a few cobwebs but saying that overall this hotel is fantastic

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for your post on Trip Advisor, I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay at the Billesley Manor Hotel, part of the Puma Hotels Collection. I can assure you that the Bar has recieved a thorough clean and I am sorry that this was not complete prior to your visit.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

I am 70years of age and I have booked and checked out of many hotels in my life but in the case of Billesley Manor Hotel these two functions were the worst I have ever experienced in my life. Despite paying for my stay in full up front Only once did I have a a document which was accurate. Every document I received had to be queried by a follow up telephone call either to the Central Reservations for Puma or Billesley Manor Hotel itself. Either the receipts were wrong or the information about my stay was inaccurate. I had booked two executive rooms for three nights half board which covered New Years Eve and New Years Day two different rates being involved. Apparently this according to the Manager made it a complicated booking. I eventually received a document stating that I had paid in full. It was most fortunate that I took this document with me for when I tried to check out I was accused of not paying for the first night and even after showing the Receptionist my document I was told that the hotel did not have the same information. It took me some 40 minutes to check out. All in all the worst experience, most unsettling before arrival and upon leaving.

Stayed: December 2012
4  Thank Kenneth N

Thank you for your further comments regarding the errors made with your booking, I believe that this has been explained in full, however I extend to you once again my sincere apologies for any discomfort caused to you, this was not intentional, simply an administrative error.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

My wife and I are big fans of the Cotswolds and booked a one night stay here en-route back from Manchester to London.

The main hotel building is beautiful and the extensions have been very sympathetically added. Upon check in we asked about the possibility of a room upgrade which we were happy to pay for but were told that the hotel was full. The receptionist then informed us that she had allocated ‘one of her favourite rooms’ for us which sounded great. You can therefore understand our disappointment when it turned out to be virtually a box room above the swimming pool (meaning a constant thrum of machinery and plant) and a view across its roof! Nevertheless we pressed on and made the most of our stay; other drawbacks included

1) Having to listen to the bar staff moan about their shifts and managers whilst we tried to relax in the bar
2) On dining in the restaurant we had hoped for great things on the basis of the awards held and promises but were nothing less than two very disappointed foodies!
3) We had a very poor night’s sleep due to the location of the room, lack of adequate ventilation and small double sized bed.
4) The check out process was very slow and they appeared over whelmed the next day.
5) On walking around the ground we couldn’t help but notice a strong smell from a septic tank which encouraged us to leave without further delay!

To give them credit the hotel responded to our complaint reasonably quickly but only gesture was to offer a room upgrade on our next stay – on the basis of our first visit this is not something we will take up!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DAAD1978

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us in August 2012, unfortunately I am unable to investigate these as your stay was 5 months ago. Please accept my apologies for any disappointment, I am sorry that the offer of a complimentary upgrade will not be taken.