Billesley Manor Hotel
The White Swan Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$166
US$126
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Best Western Grosvenor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
US$120
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$197
US$153
  • Pool
The Stratford, A QHotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$167
US$162
US$152
US$132
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Waterways Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Central Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$220
getaroom.com
  • Breakfast included
2,265 results
All reviewstopiary gardenstuart restaurantpremium roomafternoon teamain buildingsecret escapessauna and steam roomthe barnlovely groundsevening mealspa facilitiestennis courtsbeautiful hotelthree course mealspa breakold buildingnight break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I travel with work and stay in lots of hotels, but this had many elements that made it feel not like a 4*. Our room was tiny, others in our group had larger rooms however luck of the draw perhaps?! We had no wardrobe just a hanging rail, I had an ironing board propped next to the bed, no tea pot, no soap dish, nowhere to put luggage, lights were few in the room, shower heat seemed to be limited so not able to make very hot. The facilities beyond the room were ok , not very clean eg the stairs hadn't been vaccumed, rooms not ready still after 330pm despite stating 2pm, rooms in the old part of the house were not that warm. Despite all of this, staff were friendly though did moan about their colleagues for 5 mins in front of us when we entered the room with the bathroom not having been cleaned! Food was very nice, though restaurant cold and the cocktails they made went back.
Recommend- see other room options before you commit. My mother saw 3.

If you want luxury this isn't it, if you want a period house, and it feeling like is an old slightly dated house, cosy in places, drafty in others...you will be fine. Wouldn't be good for kids wet limited reception / bar space.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank AnShap
billesleymanor_gm, General Manager at Billesley Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Please accept my apologies if your experience at Billesley Manor let you down, I am pleased you enjoyed the food and service though and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the Hotel.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

Huge room overlooking the front of the hotel which was lovely although the decor a little 1980s bed and breakfast style.
Food provided for the company attendees was very average and in fact the lunch on the 2nd day was distinctly unpleasant.
At our awards evening, only alcoholis drinks were available and when I asked for an orange juice the waiter was most put out. My colleague die the same and the waiter told her to go downstairs and get it herself!
Service was average, but worst thing here was the food.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your post on Tripadvisor, I have recieved no feedback that I can associate these comments to so would appreciate it if you would contact me at the Hotel so that I can see what was different about this event. Ordinarily the best feedback the hotel receives is for the food quality and excellent service so I would like to offer my sincere apologies if this was not the case at your event.

Reviewed 16 January 2013

We have recently spent four lovey days beween Christmas and New Year at Billesley Manor. The welcome and service we received form the staff was extraordinarily good. Right up untill the last minute due to a health problem of mine our trip had been in some doubt. However after considerable thought and with some trepidation we decided to travel.We need not have worried for upon our arrival duty Manager Iga was the consumate professional,she showed us to our room and could not have been more courteous and obliging. A true star in every way! Before we knew it we had been upgraded to a four poster room No 4, and from then on the stay was just very relaxing and just what the doctor had ordered!The Spa was great and the Restaraunt service and food were of a good standard. A big thank you to all!! Regards Roger and Mary Barnes.

Room Tip: Room No 4 is dual aspect, just a little speaker buzz from the restaraunt below spoils it a bit, but overall very good.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RogerBarnes

Thank you Mr & Mrs Barnes for your lovely review, I hope that your good health is long lasting and that I have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Billesley Manor Hotel soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2013 via mobile

I have stayed a couple of times at this hotel it is a gem the staff are warm and friendly the rooms are spacious and well kept the spa is also very good! I did feel that they were slightly understaffed and the bar area could do with a bit of a makeover there was dust on the wood of the bar and a few cobwebs but saying that overall this hotel is fantastic

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for your post on Trip Advisor, I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay at the Billesley Manor Hotel, part of the Puma Hotels Collection. I can assure you that the Bar has recieved a thorough clean and I am sorry that this was not complete prior to your visit.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

I am 70years of age and I have booked and checked out of many hotels in my life but in the case of Billesley Manor Hotel these two functions were the worst I have ever experienced in my life. Despite paying for my stay in full up front Only once did I have a a document which was accurate. Every document I received had to be queried by a follow up telephone call either to the Central Reservations for Puma or Billesley Manor Hotel itself. Either the receipts were wrong or the information about my stay was inaccurate. I had booked two executive rooms for three nights half board which covered New Years Eve and New Years Day two different rates being involved. Apparently this according to the Manager made it a complicated booking. I eventually received a document stating that I had paid in full. It was most fortunate that I took this document with me for when I tried to check out I was accused of not paying for the first night and even after showing the Receptionist my document I was told that the hotel did not have the same information. It took me some 40 minutes to check out. All in all the worst experience, most unsettling before arrival and upon leaving.

Stayed: December 2012
4  Thank Kenneth N

Thank you for your further comments regarding the errors made with your booking, I believe that this has been explained in full, however I extend to you once again my sincere apologies for any discomfort caused to you, this was not intentional, simply an administrative error.