Stayed weekend of 27th April. Impressive building with the history ripped out of it unfortunately. Small bar that was under-staffed, could have waited all day in the drawing room waiting to be served and had to go to find someone. Bedroom was very tired, small details such as bath panel not fixed properly to the bath and door latches which looked liked they had just been chissled out of the frame the day before, mainenance very poor. Evening meal was ok but breakfast was a nightmare, waiting for food to be replenished, large pieces of shell in the scrambled egg and a toaster that took forever to toast!
The spa was a pleasant experience and the staff were attentive and polite, main hotel could do with learning from the spa employees.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 16th Century, four-star Billesley Manor Hotel has 72 bedrooms and sits in 11 acres of beautiful countryside just outside the medieval town of Stratford-Upon-Avon. Visit the Royal Shakespeare Theatre, discover the myths and magic of Warwick Castle, then enjoy a quiet moment in the hotel’s library, where legend claims that Shakespeare penned As You Like It.A beautiful country retreat with a Health & Leisure Club that features an indoor pool and outdoor tennis court. The hotel also has a listed 100-year-old topiary garden and fountain. The 2 AA Rosette Stuart Restaurant serves modern British food made from seasonal, local produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Lastminute, Odigeo and Superbreak UK so you can book your Billesley Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Stratford Upon Avon
- Stratford Upon Avon Barcelo