Billesley Manor Hotel
US$136
US$127
  • Restaurant
The White Swan Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$112
US$97
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Best Western Grosvenor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
US$73
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$202
US$109
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
The Stratford, A QHotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$158
US$139
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$209
US$142
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Central Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
US$97
PremierInn.com
2,263 results
All reviewstopiary gardenstuart restaurantpremium roomafternoon teamain buildingsecret escapessauna and steam roomthe barnlovely groundsevening mealspa facilitiestennis courtsbeautiful hotelthree course mealspa breakold buildingnight break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Found a great offer in the Daily Mail for Billesley Manor. Stayed for 2 nights whilst we explored Stratford and went to see As You Like It at the RSC. Our room overlooked the topiary garden and it was really relaxing watching the birds diving in and out of the hedges - bet they're packed with nests. The hotel itself is a magnificent building and our room was spacious and well kitted out. The corridors are a bit jaded and scruffy, so could do with a spruce up.

Room service was fast and efficient and the food was hot and tasty. The staff delivering the food were happy, talkative and helpful.

Our massive bed was extremely comfortable and the room was right next to the spa, so Dave could nip for a swim.

All in all, a great time at a great hotel. Definitely go back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
billesleymanor_gm, General Manager at Billesley Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

I am pleased that you found your stay enjoyable - did anyone tell you that Shakespeare supposedly wrote As you like it in our Library? I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

We found this special offer for a one night stay for 2 with dinner and wine on Travelzoo. we only live about 20 miles away but we decided it would be a great place to celebrate Anthea's special birthday - and it really was. We enjoyed a lovely walk in the countryside during the day and arrived at the hotel about 4.00pm. The pool really hit the spot after our walk. The room was some distance along the corridors but it was clean, well equipped and had a decent size flatscreen TV. The bar is so full of character as is the restaurant where the food was excellent and very attentively served. Breakfast in the same room was again very good with friendly service. The hotel's location is so peaceful in the middle of the Warwickshire countryside, yet convenient for Stratford. If you get a special offer for Billesley Manor - take it !

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review, I am really pleased that we ticked all of your boxes. I agree that staying in a hotel close to home takes all the pressure out of an enjoyable weekend as you dont even need to worry about traveling - warwickshire has so much to offer I dont blame you for staying close to home.

I hope you have the opportunity to return soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Billesley Manor on a Travelzoo DBB deal which was fantastic value for money. Our room (24) was in the main building right opposite the entrance to the Spa. The main building is delightfully "olde worlde", perhaps a little tired in places, but our room was very comfortable and clean. The dining room was lovely with charming views. The grounds are beautiful and we were fortunate enough to have gorgeous sunny weather so we could walk around the gardens and relax on the terrace. We ate in the restaurant (included in the deal) and chose from the table d'hôte menu which was reasonably varied. Three courses would have cost just under £40 plus wine. The food was well prepared and very enjoyable. We spent quite a bit of time in the Spa (reviewed separately) and had a wonderfully relaxing time.

Obviously the main asset of the hotel is the collection of buildings but just as important are the people who staff the hotel and, without exception, we found them to be pleasant, friendly and helpful. We would definitely recommend Billesley Manor to friends and family and can't wait to return.

Room Tip: If you want character and "olde worlde" upgrade to a manor house room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

I believe we have had contact directly and would once again like to say how pleased I am that you enjoyed your birthday weekend. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed one night with my partner in April 2013. The property is an old manor house, and as such has a certain character about it. The style and decor is very traditional, and I wasn't surprised to find that our fellow guests were generally older couples.

Just like every other old property within 25 miles of Stratford, the Great Bard himself purportedly visited the Billesley Manor. Apparently he called to use the library, though he must have had quite a walk - this hotel is quite remote from anywhere unless you have a car.

Dinner was something of a treat. The restaurant has been recognised with AA Rosettes, and featured some really interesting choices. I opted for Guinea Fowl, while my partner had the Brill. The wine list was comprehensive, and the service certainly adequate, though the staff were somewhat stretched on the evening that we dined. Clearly this is a hotel that takes pride in it's restaurant, which suits me fine!

Well kept grounds, clean, comfortable rooms and easy parking are further positives. And we heard from other guests that the Spa is good, although we didn't experience it ourselves.

On the negative side, while we got a great rate on the room, dinner was on the expensive side, which made the trip rather more pricey than we might have intended.

I'd recommend the place for a civilised relaxing break, especially for those of us without young families, and if you intend to visit Stratford or Warwick.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mack321

Thank you for taking the time to post your review to Trip Advisor, I am pleased that you found many positive aspects to your stay and I hope that you will return soon. Kind regards

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stayed for a mini break for a couple of nights at this hotel and got a dinner, bed and breakfast deal for 219 for two nights (dinner on first night). This was really good value for money considering the standard of the restaurant - the food was amazing. We had treatments in the spa which were really good. The only point I would make is that the spa is not as luxurious or grand as the rest of the hotel - its a bit like a leisure centre pool and spa area which is a little disappointing but the treatments themselves were good. We had a Leisurebreaks member card which is only around £20 for the year and well worth it. If you stay at any Puma Hotel you get certain discounts and extras. We had a room upgrade, 20% of spa treatments and free newspaper. This hotel is well worth a visit and well placed for visiting Stratford.

1  Thank DonnaEmmings

Thank you for your lovely review, you have done a great job of selling our Leisure Breaks club too! I do hope you will use one of the up and coming special deals to visit us again. Best regards.