“Lovely family friendly hotel”

Billesley Manor Hotel
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We have just returned from a three night family break here. We were pleasantly surprised as it was a last minute booking. Hotel has lots of character and pleasant grounds, including an old cedar and a listed topiary garden. Location convenient for Stratford (use the nearby park-and-ride). Had a large, quiet room with a very comfortable bed. Dinner was enjoyed by both our kids and us (though price-wise make sure you book DBB), staff very friendly with prompt service. Leisure facilities excellent, particularly swimming pool and tennis courts.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
billesleymanor_gm, General Manager at Billesley Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2013

Thank you for your lovely review, I am pleased that you all enjoyed the facilities and service. I hope we can welcome you back soon. Kind regards

There are newer reviews for Billesley Manor Hotel

Reviewed 5 June 2013

On arrival we were meat by probably the most unfriendly and surly receptionist we have come across in years - The Staff attitude was truly awful
We were allocated a bedroom in the Barn it was awful - Very small, bathroom on a different level and poorly laid out. I thought it was inevitable that someone is going to trip and injure themselves

Room Tip: Refuse to go in the barn annex
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Toby W

Please accept my apologies for the poor welcome you recieved and for the room not meeting with your expectations. The Guest Rooms in the Cedar barns vary in size and style, they have all recently been redecorated, for a room in the main house you can upgrade to a premium or deluxe. Kind regards.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

We have stayed here several times and always enjoy our stay. Lovely location, attentive staff who were helpful and considerate.
We have now had a variety of rooms and my only 'complaint' would be that I failed my intelligence test and couldn't open the bedroom window and it was quite warm in the night!
We will be back.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive review, I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

I recently stayed here for a romantic weekend. We stayed two nights, Sat and Sun. As it was a chance for us to relax we paid extra for a deluxe room - the Sat night alone cost over £200. We were not told in advance, or at the time of check in, that there was a private function in a room directly below our "deluxe" bedroom. Until midnight it was like we were inside the speaker at the function. We complained and the staff were not really interested. I emailed the General Manager 12 days ago and haven't even had the courtesy of an acknowledgment never mind an actual reply. I can forgive the tired nature of some of the building as it gives it character, but it is truly shocking that companies think this is an acceptable way to treat their guests.

Room Tip: Check where your room is in relation to a function if you want to relax before midnight!
Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Richard W

Please accept my apologies that you were disturbed by the function. The team do their best to allocate rooms away from any noise, however on this occasion a mistake must have been made. I do not recall recieving any communication as i would have responded within 72 hours, if you would like to resend your email I can contact you directly. Kind regards.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

We stayed here for my Nans 70th the place is very nice rooms and grounds we also used the spa facilities but this was spoilt when we went to the restaurant in the evening we waited 2 hours for our main course which was very annoying when there was people arriving after us who had all 3 courses yet we were still waiting for our main. Yet when we asked we were left waiting with no answers and found staff and management ignorant as no one even came over and apologised about the wait and still no explanation. Overall lovely place but the restaurant lets it down.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for your further comments regarding the delay with your dinner during you stay. I would like to once again apologise that you had to wait around an hour for your main course on the busy Saturday evening and that the team did not apease the situation with good communication. If I can further assist please do not hesitate to contact me. Kind regards

Reviewed 1 June 2013

I've stayed in five Puma hotels now and I think I'm getting a good idea of the chain. It holds lots of grand buildings in suitable locations, which are all slightly ailing, and lacking in experienced staff. The chain needs investment in renovation and staff training.
Billesley Manor is a lovely and unusual building in a handy location for Stratford Upon Avon. The grounds are beautiful and the topiary garden is a really unique feature - much credit to the gardening team.
We booked a cheap half term deal through Puma's own website.There was a complimentary bottle of wine on arrival which was a nice treat. I'd requested a travel cot in my reservation notes. Check-in was efficient although the lady wasn't very welcoming, she was a little formal and cold with us, and didn't provide any information about the leisure club, breakfast times - simply gave us a rough guide as to how to find our room (which was a very very long walk away).
The room was adequate for our stay. There was no travel cot as requested so I asked the same lady on reception at 4pm as we left to go out. Arrived back at 9pm, still no travel cot. Had to phone reception who sent one up. Good job our young child wasn't too tired!
The bar was cosy and service in here was good.
Leisure club was fine; clean and suitable with friendly staff and good facilities although the pool was freezing (it said 29.9 degrees on the board, who were they kidding) and the lack of a Jacuzzi was noticeable.
Breakfast was a huge disappointment. Waited 50 mins for our cooked breakfast, which when it arrived was cold with items wrong and/or missing. How could they get it so wrong? No real apology was offered.
Check-out was swift, and we were not asked if we'd enjoyed our stay. Would recommend only on a very cheap deal, there's lots of other choices in the Stratford area so do your research.

Room Tip: Room 65 is a very long, long walk from reception. It is a standard room and very Travelodge-like in...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review, I am sorry that you found the hotels facilities and service did not meet with your expectations, and I would like to offer my apologies for the problems you experience at Breakfast. Your comments have been noted and improvements will be made were necessary. Kind regards

Reviewed 1 June 2013

We bought a Travelzoo voucher for Billesley Manor because we have always wanted to stay there. We had a lovely experience from the moment we checked in to when we checked out.
Our room was clean, everything worked and was of a high standard.
Our meal in the restaurant was served by two waiters who were very professional and friendly, we felt that nothing was too much trouble and the actual meal was cooked to perfection.
I will be recommending this hotel to friends and family :)

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 30 which was very spacious and is described as a Deluxe double
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive review, the hotel has enjoyed a great success from the travelzoo offer and hope to work with them again soon. For details on our own offers see our website. Kind regards.