We had a lovely stay at this hotel, and whilst not perfect in every single way, we would absolutely go back here again. We received a warm welcome from the staff, who were always pleasant and helpful. Upon arrival we were told we had been upgraded to Room 5 - one of the original 4 poster bedrooms - as it was our 10th Wedding Anniversary, and saw that we had been provided with a complimentary bottle of Prosecco. What a great touch! The room was large and spacious, with great views over the lawns and gardens. The only disappointment about the room was the bathroom, which seemed quite dated (plus a very low fixed shower - not ideal for tall people!). Despite it being a hot day, the heating in the room was on - we told reception and this was fixed promptly, great service. Breakfast the next morning was held in the beautiful traditional Stuart Room, very nice food, but thought the paper napkins were cheap - proper napkins would be better. The spa was fine, the treatment was very relaxing, but felt the pool could have done with some greenery and a more relaxing area for after the treatment. We were told in advance that there was a wedding on that day. I thought this was good as it gave us the option to go elsewhere if we decided to. In the end we had lunch at the hotel, which was nice, sitting out in the gardens in the sunshine. All in all whilst not totally perfect, we had an absolutely lovely stay, but think that with a few extra touches of class it could push the hotel up to the next level. We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 16th Century, four-star Billesley Manor Hotel has 72 bedrooms and sits in 11 acres of beautiful countryside just outside the medieval town of Stratford-Upon-Avon. Visit the Royal Shakespeare Theatre, discover the myths and magic of Warwick Castle, then enjoy a quiet moment in the hotel’s library, where legend claims that Shakespeare penned As You Like It.A beautiful country retreat with a Health & Leisure Club that features an indoor pool and outdoor tennis court. The hotel also has a listed 100-year-old topiary garden and fountain. The 2 AA Rosette Stuart Restaurant serves modern British food made from seasonal, local produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Billesley Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Stratford Upon Avon
- Stratford Upon Avon Barcelo