Stayed in this hotel having just had two days at The Lygon Arms in Broadway so were thinking it wouldn't be as nice but we were wrong - it was as nice in many areas. Hotel was quite quiet for staying guests although seemed to be used by a lot of business people which made it nice and busy during the days.
Thorougly recommend the pool and although I didn't have any treatments the spa seemed quite busy and the staff friendly and welcoming. Quietness of the hotel meant we could park right by the door for the two days we were there - which with the weather we had was a bonus!!
If you can have room 31 grab it. Room had just been refurbished so the bathroom, with jacuzzi bath (behin ornate curtains) and seperate shower cubicle was a luxury as was the massive bed, flat screen tv and expansive wardrobes. We had fantastic furniture, a fridge, safe and bags of space, light, mirrors and the all important plug sockets near the mirrors which any woman will tell you is a show stopper in some places!! Also there was a second dim light which was in the bathroom so if you either wanted to use the loo in the middle of the night or have a jacuzzi bath without the harsh lights and extraction fan coming on you could. Oh and robes and slippers!
Breakfast was a buffet with a hot section and a waitress to help you with it, continental make your own toast machine which was causing a bit of confusion but there was always someone on hand to help. Good selection of fruit, cereal, ham, cheese and rolls for those who didn't want cooked (or as well as!)
We didn't eat in the restaurant. I felt £22.50 for tagiatelle (veggie, no ham even) and £32.00 for a steak was a bit much and to be honest it seemed those people on the inclusive meal breaks would have had to fork out a suppplement of some sort - there were more dishes requiring a supplement than not - between £3 and £10. So we went to The Stag one night and the food there was good (also spotted some others there from the hotel) if a little slow on the service. Next night we went back to Stratford having spent the day there being tourists and ate in The Dirty Duck down by the RSC Theatre (currently being restored). Fab menu and lovely atmosphere, good to play 'who is that?' with all the celebs pictures on the wall. We used the park and ride during the day. £1.30 return per adult and buses every 10 minutes. Parking, well finding it through all the double parked cars was enough of a nightmare in the evening so during the day it could only have been worse - thoroughly recommend P and R - Stratford only 4 miles from the hotel, about 20 minutes by car.
Good topiary (which if you have room 31 you look out over!), a tennis court and good pool (no kids after 5pm which if you don't have them is great, obv less so if you do) means there is enough to keep you distracted at the hotel. Fab scones. Good local pub with reasonable bar menu and more expensive restaurant menu was The Boar Inn about 1.5 miles from hotel - is signposted down lane dead opposite lane to hotel. Really recommend this hotel, staff were very nice and friendly and the romm fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 16th Century, four-star Billesley Manor Hotel has 72 bedrooms and sits in 11 acres of beautiful countryside just outside the medieval town of Stratford-Upon-Avon. Visit the Royal Shakespeare Theatre, discover the myths and magic of Warwick Castle, then enjoy a quiet moment in the hotel’s library, where legend claims that Shakespeare penned As You Like It.A beautiful country retreat with a Health & Leisure Club that features an indoor pool and outdoor tennis court. The hotel also has a listed 100-year-old topiary garden and fountain. The 2 AA Rosette Stuart Restaurant serves modern British food made from seasonal, local produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Expedia, Odigeo and Superbreak UK so you can book your Billesley Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Stratford Upon Avon
- Stratford Upon Avon Barcelo