“Perfect getwaway”

Billesley Manor Hotel
Stratford Upon Avon
“Perfect getwaway”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Billesley Manor Hotel for a much needed break from commitments of home and work. Its a calm, quiet , peaceful place to get away from it all. The staff were attentive . Easy reach to Stratford and surrounding areas. I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jason M, General Manager at Billesley Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you very much for your recommendation and your review. I am pleased that you were able to take advantage of the peace and quiet and have a really relaxing time. I do hope that the next time you feel the need to get a way from it all that you will do so at Billesley Manor.

Jason

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (546)
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014

A four star hotel which has the natural feel of a private manor: chic and laidback at the same time. Delicious food, efficient and friendly staff and the most beautiful atmosphere (especially in the wood panelled great hall and restaurant). We had a huge room in the modern wing. The comfort and silence amply made up for the lack of character. Overall a very enjoyable stay.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and rating. I am pleased that you enjoyed your dinning experience and found the team to be friendly and efficient. I really hope you will return again soon.

Gloucester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Me and my husband stayed here for my 30th Birthday a surprise from my mum , We was warmly welcomed from the receptionist , everything was explained , we had a free upgrade on our room and a lovely bottle of champagne on ice in our room as we arrived felt very honored. the facilitates was amazing, stunning spa and a warm pool . The treatments was lovely we stayed in room 32 a lovely room gorgeous view of the garden . Was not far from the spa or the bar was a very lovely experience. we had a 3 course meal which was also amazing , we both slept extremely well the bed was so comfortable i could of taken it home with me . Breakfast was good lots to chose from would defendantley stay here again and i would highly recommend it :) :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for review following your stay to celebrate your birthday. I am pleased that you had such a great time and enjoyed the treatments in the Spa and your dinning experience at Billesley manor. Thank you for your recommendation and I hope you will return to us again soon.

Surrey, England
Reviewed 9 April 2014

A lovely hotel and setting but the food was truly average. Breakfast great range but hot food lukewarm and had been sitting under warmers for decades - soggy, fatty and processed sausages. We ate the a la carte the first evening and then tried the bar food on the second night but all were pretty awful. If you want a tasty meal don't stay here. Thankfully the wine was fine. Apart from the food the hotel and setting were glorious.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your recent post regarding your stay. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your meals on this occasion. I am pleased that all the other aspects of your visit were good and I hope that you would return again.

Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This hotel is everything that most of the reviews say it is. Lovely building, great staff, great food and wonderful facilities. It was my birthday so first round was on me. All drinks were priced as OBE would expect from such a place but the champagne (which was not a name) was £17 for two flute size glasses!! My wife booked us a superior luxury room as it was my birthday. The room was fabulous with a four poster bed, panelled walls and en suite. The tv was useless as the picture kept pixelating and the order of Chanel's was all over the place. Wifi was good but went off at midnight. Why would I want wifi after midnight?....because the noise from the people attending a company conference went on till three in the morning! It was so noisy I was able to record it on my phone from inside our room! To add to the misery, the smoking area is just inside one of the main entrances to the hotel. This entrance is located immediately below the en suite of the room that we were in. The relentless pervasion of cigaret smoke into our room was disgusting. The door to the restaurant is right by this smoking area and as the staff come in and out with the food the stink of smoke is wafted into the restaurant. So, questions........why is the smoking area of such a prestige establishment located in such a stupid place, designed to cause maximum discomfort to any localised non smokers? Why didn't any member of staff speak to the early morning revellers and ask them to go somewhere else? Great place but we shall not be returning.

Room Tip: Not room number 5!!! It is situated above a designated smoking area and it stinks.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Loobabe
Thank you for your review and I am sorry I did not have the opportunity to meet with you while at the hotel. I am pleased that we met all your expectations during your stay, but this was detracted by the issue experienced by the use of our out door terrace area. We will certainly take the feedback constructively.

Brigg, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Excellent surroundings and large historic hotel. Very interesting. Staff were very pleased to help. Leisure facilities with pool, sauna and steam room very well kept. Relaxing to use and not at all busy when we went. Thurs to Sat. One criticism would be the bar food and drinks prices. Pint of beer and large wine cost us nearly £12 and a chicken burger with chips and small salad was £13 each. Lovely place though. Recommended.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your great review, rating and also your recommendation. I am very pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Billesley Manor; I hope you will come again soon.

Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Just returned from 2 nights at this lovely hotel, beautiful grounds, Staff very pleasant and very polite and helpful. The food was superb. The room was comfortable and next to the spa which was ideal for us. The only thing I would say is that the hotel was far too warm which made it hard to sleep. Beds nice and comfortable,
Would not hesitate to return and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks for your wonderful review following your recent chilled break at Billesley Manor. I am pleased that you had such a great time and that you will be retuning to us again in the future.