“Short Break”

Billesley Manor Hotel
Barton Under Needwood.
“Short Break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Excellent greeting at reception, No form filling even car registration had been filled in from previous visit..Room 22 looking out on Topiary garden was excellent.This was my 5th or 6th visit some as solo this with partner., will definitely visit Billesley Manor again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jason M, General Manager at Billesley Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for your review following your most recent short break. Thank you for choosing to stay with us so frequently and I am pleased that you enjoy it so much.

We look forward to welcoming you back once again and the opportunity to meet.

Jason

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (538)
Wombourne, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Our booking was lost and once we were found a room we were very disappointed with quality and could not be moved as the hotel was overbooked. The manor was wonderful but our premier room was low quality and not as advertised/pictured on the website. I thoroughly enjoyed the Gardens, Spa and the Setting.

3 Thank Sophie D
Jason M, General Manager at Billesley Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for your recent review and completing our own online survey. I am sorry that you were disappointed in your room on this occasion; we do have a varied mix of styles of room at the hotel, from modern & contemporary to oak panelled historic rooms. As the hotel was full during your visit we were unable to offer an alternative this time.

I hope that you will return to us again in the future.

Stratford Upon Avon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Gorgeous character house and wonderful topiary garden, lovely old interior but with all mod cons. Room 31 has a great jacuzzi bath, separate shower and overlooks garden. Party was held in Topiary Room below bedrooms, with loud music until midnight, fine for us as we were at the party! Good buffet breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your great review following your stay at Billesley Manor where you attended a 60th Birthday. I am pleased you had such a wonderful time.

Brackley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Had a 2 night stay. Feedback as follows :-

HOTEL ----- GOOD POINTS.
* Very clean.
* Very warm.
* Lovely food in restaurant, including cream tea.
* Breakfast offered everything you could need and as much as you need.
* Friendly staff.
* Beautiful building including buildings separate to main building. Main building; full of character.

HOTEL ----- BAD POINTS.
* Little more attention required for guests having cream teas. All 3 couples had to find a member of staff to request another pot. Cream was delicious though. Minor issue but this is a 4* hotel.
* Expensive drinks. 2 glasses of Southern Comfort and lemonade was £13.00. The lemonade was from a large bottle and was the last bit. It was flat and very warm. The drinks were certainly not worth the price.

ROOM 60 ----- GOOD POINTS.
* Massive room in a separate building from the main one.
* Very clean.
* Very cosy and warm.
* Being a theatre fan I loved the pictures of different plays and musicals.
* Had bath and a shower. Plenty of hot water.
* Big comfy bed.
* Sofa and writing desk.
* Lots of hangers, and plenty of space to hang clothes.
* Full length mirror.
* Quiet. It is the first hotel I have stayed in where I had no need to wear ear-plugs to prevent being woken up by slamming doors, other guests, building work, staff or delivery vans. Sheer bliss.

ROOM 60 ----- BAD.
* Too dark. This is not just relating to this hotel though. All hotel rooms everywhere are too dark. I know it adds to the atmosphere, but I would prefer more light.

SPA/POOL AREA ----- GOOD.

* Lovely pool. not massive but fine.
* Clean in pool area.
* Nice sauna/steam room.
* Plenty of seating around pool.
* Quiet and relaxing.
* Children's swim times allocated.
* Warm in pool area.
* Towel provided - ensure you take a pound for a locker.
* Swimsuit spin dryer and bag for costume.
* Private changing room available.
* Free tea/coffee & water.
* Good treatment. Waxing.

SPA/POOL AREA ----- BAD POINTS.
* I do appreciate the offer of these free hot drinks but they were luke warm tea and coffee provided. It is wonderful that there is free hot drinks, but the jugs do not retain the heat so the drinks are cold (and the jugs were quite full). It would be better to have just a hot water machine.
* Showers were a little grubby.
* It was impossible getting through to the Spa to book a treatment in the beauty section prior to arrival. I phoned for a week but the phones were never answered. I left 2 messages asking for a call back, but they were ignored. In the end I phoned Customer Service in desperation. They promised to get someone to return my call. A few minutes later I was called by a member of the Spa and I booked a treatment. When I asked why my messages had been ignored, I was told 'we are very busy'. Not what a customer wants to hear when they are trying to book a relaxing weekend away as they too are busy.

I have awarded 4 stars, 1 star missing for the bad feedback I have listed. HOWEVER, none of this ruined our stay in anyway and all the good points far outweighed all the niggles.

Overall, we had a wonderful stay. We will definitely return and would recommend a visit. It was so relaxing and just what we needed.

Very happy, and thank you to everyone at Billesley Manor Hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed and objective review. I will ensure that your points are shared with the team and we will certainly take on board such constructive feedback.

Thank you for your recommendation and am pleased you had such a wonderful stay at Billesley Manor and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

We booked a 2 night stay with a meal in the restaurant on the first night and an afternoon tea on next day. The restaurant food was very disappointing, with a fish bone found in the appetiser mousse also a bone in the flaked ham hock, too much meat and not enough veg for my taste and not overly warm. The afternoon tea was ok but smoked salmon sandwiches had huge chunks of smoked salmon which somewhat ruins the delicacy of the food. The food in the bar was good presumably the same kitchen but they weren't able to take a simple instruction as to no bun for the chicken burger not a major but it makes the feeling of lack of care from the kitchen. Others seem to have enjoyed the food in the restaurant so maybe we were just unlucky. The service, bar and reception staff were great although the waiter was somewhat rushed in the restaurant. The area is lovely and there is a lovely little chapel that is worth a visit the reception will give you the key. It is a short drive to Stratord on Avon which is definately worth going to and was the reason for our visit and ideally situated in this respect. Our accommodation was not in the main hotel and the radiators were off when we arrived so it felt like a cool reception but the room was clean with a lovely large bed. We didn't use the spa so cannot comment on what that was like.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks for your review following your recent stay. I am sorry that your dinning experience on this occasion did not meet your expectations. I am pleased that you found the members of the team to be great. I do hope that you will return again and enjoy your stay to the full.

Woolacombe, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

If you are planning on a relaxing visit to the Spa please be "warned" that after 2 pm EVERY day
children will be using the swimming pool!! It was a special birthday treat with my 2 daughters and after us all having a lovely massage went into the pool area. Half the pool was full of parents/young children. We were "never" told this at time of booking and after searching their website we only found a link that stated Kids Fun Time in Pool on "Sundays 2-5 pm!! Phoned to complain and gave them my email and after two weeks have not heard a thing!! IF we had known about this we would have made the booking for an a.m. visit!! We "weaved" our way through everyone in the Pool and straight out the other end, used steam/sauna then dressed and left.....only a 2 hr visit......not what we'd planned at all.

Room Tip: not applicable.....used Spa
Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Gill c
I am sorry that you did not find your visit to the Spa and Leisure club to be the relaxed experience you had expected. We do have specific times where children are permitted to use the pool and am sorry that on this occasion it caused inconvenience.

I do hope that you enjoyed your treatments and that you will return again in the future.

Poole united kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I have just returned from a two night stay with my daughter at the Billesley Manor. We have nothing but praise with the food, service, the room and the beautiful surroundings. Our room overlooked the topiary garden & tennis courts. On the first night we had a three course meal as part of the deal and on the second day we had an Afternoon tea, also included, both were excellent.

We enjoyed being slightly outside of Stratford as it was a pleasure to return to enjoy the gardens. Unfortunately we didn't manage to use the swimming facilities which would have made the short break complete.

I certainly would recomend this hotel and would like to return there again.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny"
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your post following your stay at Billesley Manor with your daughter. I was pleased to read that you had such an excellent time and thank you for your recommendation.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.