We have just spent two nights at Billesley Manor and enjoyed our stay with two qualifications.
Our issue are that the soundproofing between rooms is quite poor and hence sleep quality is not good. On our second night guests were noisily walking the corridors in the early hours of the morning and we awoke later to snoring in an adjacent room and then talking and TV noises.
On our arrival the young women in reception was neither friendly nor helpful and when we finally came to pay our bill we and other customers had to wait in reception until a staff member eventually appeared. A bell to call for reception assistance would be good .Also the reception area is rather tired with warn wood work and fading carpets.
On registering we were not informed that we needed a four number code to exit the grounds via the electronic barrier. Hence, on attempting to leave the grounds we were met by a closed barrier and a keypad but no intercom system !! This barrier is some considerable distance from the main building and as a phone call to reception went unanswered we had to repeatedly ring other sections of the hotel until we finally obtained the exit code. This hotel really needs better reception staff.
Dinner in the hotel restaurant was excellent but breakfast was pretty awful with tough sausages, fatty bacon and stale fried tomatoes.
Based on a recommendation from another Tripadvisor member we booked room 3 which was huge with an equally huge bathroom and heating on demand.
On arrival a 50 pounds security deposit was taken from our account and that money has still not been refunded even though it is now six days since we stayed at the hotel. Mind you the cost of our stay HAS been taken from our account !!
A grand old Manor House in which we would stay again but it does have a few problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 16th Century, four-star Billesley Manor Hotel has 72 bedrooms and sits in 11 acres of beautiful countryside just outside the medieval town of Stratford-Upon-Avon. Visit the Royal Shakespeare Theatre, discover the myths and magic of Warwick Castle, then enjoy a quiet moment in the hotel’s library, where legend claims that Shakespeare penned As You Like It.A beautiful country retreat with a Health & Leisure Club that features an indoor pool and outdoor tennis court. The hotel also has a listed 100-year-old topiary garden and fountain. The 2 AA Rosette Stuart Restaurant serves modern British food made from seasonal, local produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Lastminute, Odigeo and Superbreak UK so you can book your Billesley Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Stratford Upon Avon
- Stratford Upon Avon Barcelo