We stayed for two nights recently. The building and setting are both quite wonderful but the management appears to be non existent. Welcome was poor and no offer to help with luggage.
Swimming pool out of action because too much chlorine, rooms not refreshed until mid afternoon,breakfast mediocre at best. Whole place felt rather scruffy and the trek to the bedrooms through narrow corridors with threadbare carpets and piles of housekeepers baggage was irritating and unpleasant.
A couple arrived to be told there was no room left so they were told to go to the sister hotel 20 miles away. That might have turned out to be a blessing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 16th Century, four-star Billesley Manor Hotel has 72 bedrooms and sits in 11 acres of beautiful countryside just outside the medieval town of Stratford-Upon-Avon. Visit the Royal Shakespeare Theatre, discover the myths and magic of Warwick Castle, then enjoy a quiet moment in the hotel’s library, where legend claims that Shakespeare penned As You Like It.A beautiful country retreat with a Health & Leisure Club that features an indoor pool and outdoor tennis court. The hotel also has a listed 100-year-old topiary garden and fountain. The 2 AA Rosette Stuart Restaurant serves modern British food made from seasonal, local produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Lastminute and Superbreak UK so you can book your Billesley Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Stratford Upon Avon
- Stratford Upon Avon Barcelo