Billesley Manor Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Victoria Spa Lodge(Stratford-upon-Avon)
View Hotel
Travelodge Stratford Upon Avon(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Bar/Lounge
The Stratford, A QHotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Restaurant
The White Swan Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Breakfast included
Courtland Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Breakfast included
Stratheden Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Room Service
Payton Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
2,263 results
All reviewstopiary gardenstuart restaurantpremium roomafternoon teamain buildingsecret escapessauna and steam roomthe barnlovely groundsevening mealspa facilitiestennis courtsbeautiful hotelthree course mealspa breakold buildingnight break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Really relaxing weekend with excellent food and a lovely Spa experience, we would just like to mention how helpful Jonathan Miller was.
The food was excellent as was the service and the setting is very idyllic

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank gobi8
Jason M, General Manager at Billesley Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Thank you for your great review following your recent stay at Billesley Manor. I am so pleased you had such a relaxing weekend; you found the food and service to be excellent.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards

Jason

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed for two nights recently. The building and setting are both quite wonderful but the management appears to be non existent. Welcome was poor and no offer to help with luggage.
Swimming pool out of action because too much chlorine, rooms not refreshed until mid afternoon,breakfast mediocre at best. Whole place felt rather scruffy and the trek to the bedrooms through narrow corridors with threadbare carpets and piles of housekeepers baggage was irritating and unpleasant.
A couple arrived to be told there was no room left so they were told to go to the sister hotel 20 miles away. That might have turned out to be a blessing!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RoHiE
TheHotelCollection, General Manager at Billesley Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2015

Dear Emdicay,

It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay with us at The Billesley Manor Hotel and that it left a lasting impression with you.

I completely agree with the location; perfect for exploring Stratford-Upon-Avon and many other beautiful areas.

I do hope to welcome you back for another visit again very soon.

Kind regards

Mark Davies

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Myself, my wife and her parents recently stayed at the hotel on a dinner&b&b package. We arrived early afternoon and were given an early check in which was ideal, and headed off to Stratford for the afternoon. The hotel is a bit of a maze, but given it's age, is just one of those things. The rooms were nicely chilled, but the corridors were roasting which was odd. We weren't informed of breakfast times upon checkin. Wifi wasn't available in our room so can't comment on that. But it was the 2AA rosette restaurant that spoiled things, and it was mostly service issues.

I had scallops, two tiny ones, with white pudding that had been burnt on the underneath, which a supplement was paid for. Followed by chicken, again, not a substantial size but nice. Could possibly have been hotter. My wife's pork was was strange and not very hot.

I had to top up our wine from the cooler as nobody came to see us/ask if we were ok/needed anything.

The French waitresses were quite content to speak to each other in French, which I wasn't offended by or anything, but other guests might've been.

The table adjacent to us waited 10mins into their main course to get their chianti, as no server was in the room. Then with desserts, I ordered cheese. At this point, when the desserts arrived on a tray carried by the waiter, the waitress cleared our side plates and knives. She put my cheese down and realised she didn't have a knife, so cleaned my wife's butter knife to put down for me. I didn't see this but my wife did and decided not to cause a scene.

After dessert, the plates were cleared, with no offer of tea or coffee or any other drinks so we wandered through to the bar to be then asked to wait until the bill was signed.

Breakfast wasn't the hottest either, long waits for the toaster, and the lady behind me dropped her bread in to discover it was mouldy on the back. Very anaemic looking sausages, dry bacon.

I also found some of the bar staff to be a bit surly.

So I'd revisit the hotel, but maybe on a room only rate.

Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Daniel G
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This is a lovely hotel with beautiful grounds and a very well kept property. It is peaceful, very clean and aesthetically pleasing. We were only there for one night and so didn't eat there and so cannot comment on the food, hence the four stars. The first production of A Midsummer Night's Dream was put on here under an historic cypress tree and I could see why. I have never seen such lovely gardens. A truly lovely place and only a few minutes walk from the centre of Stratford. A real treat. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 186378Elizabeth
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed on a special deal break which was very good value, bottle of sparkling wine in room, 3 course dinner and good breakfast. My husband and I requested a twin room and were put in an annex which was very nicely furnished and spacious, also ver y quiet however our friends in the main hotel found their room small and quite noisy. Food was good but drinks a little pricey. The pool and gym were o.k. but nothing special. Lovely terrace overlooking ornamental pool and countryside.
Service throughout was exceptional. We will be staying again.

A perfect base for visiting shakespear country

Room Tip: Annex rooms seem both bigger and better equipped, also much quieter. I would recommend you request.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple