Just got back from a bank holiday stay at The White Swan Stratford uopn Avon it was our first stay here but not in a fullers ales property that was one of our reasons for booking because they are really nice. The Swan has only just opened after a re-fit and it is the lovely. The location is excellent right in the market square everthing is only a couple of minutes walk away. We stayed for three nights and enjoyed every minute. We were put in room 110 which on first entering i found rather small there was only a small gap between the bed and the wall so made getting round the room a struggle, it wasnt too bad for me as i am small but someone of a larger size would struggle, when i opened the window we overlooked what i first thought was a heating system which was quite noisy with the window open, but i later think that it was maybe some thing to do with the kitchens as it went off about midnight but came back on in the morning, if i am honest it didnt bother us as there was a chill in the air so we closed the windows but in the summer and for someone who likes to sleep with the window open they could be woken when it kicks in again first thing in the morning. The decor of the room was lovely with a mural of a lady and a swan across one wall, there was plenty of space for clothes although no drawers. Tea and coffee making facilities,tv, a ironing board and iron and a hairdryer there was also a small mini fridge with complimentry water and small cans of juice and pop.One thing that was lacking was a full length mirror, which us ladies do like to have. Even though i would have liked the room to be a little larger it didnt ruin our stay, that was sorted once i walked in the bathroom...wow...it was large and spacious with the most amazing rain shower...once i was in it, my husband struggled to get me out it was great. The downstairs bar area and restaurant was nicely done with the right amount of tables and comfy sofas, the decor was in keeping with Stratford and had quotes and pictures of shakespear on the walls, the background music was just at the right level for talking. The food was very nice but i have asked if they could look at maybe having a chicken option on the main menu, they did have one on the set menu but i couldnt have it as it all had to go through on the till as the set menu and i wasnt in the mood for a two or three course meal, the only other options were fish and chips and various dishes with lamb or beef...i think fullers need to just look at the menu again as even though i eat red meat, a lot of people dont so there options are limited. I finally had the fish and chips which was very nice. Breakfast was just as good, with lots to choose from. All the staff were really nice, and helpful We would definitly stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel offers luxury accommodation in Stratford-upon-Avon, while crucially maintaining the charm, character and period features of the original building.The White Swan dates back to 1450, making it one of the oldest pubs in Stratford – and the front of the hotel is a cosy, traditional pub, continuing to serve outstanding cask ales and the best pub food in town.Our 41 four star guestrooms, marry traditional, original features with modern conveniences like iPod docks, flatscreen TVs and ensuite bathrooms.One thing not to miss on your visit to this historic Straford-upon-Avon pub is the antique wall painting in one of our front rooms. Commissioned by William Perrott, who owned the building in 1560, the special painting depicts the story of Tobias and the Angel - a subject doubly appropriate for a tavern of that time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your The White Swan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- White Swan Stratford Upon Avon