First and foremost the staff in this hotel are excellent. We arrived late, missed the dinner deadline but still the chef sorted out something for us without a fuss.
The food is good and the chef knows how to cook a steak properly so its a good start. Its a fullers establishment with a master cellarman and cask marque, and that basically means excellent well kept beers and a good choice of products in the bar. I think it was steve who was one of the restaurant managers that was extremely helpful and courteous at all times
The hotel as many say doesn't really have a car park but there is a deal with a nearby car park and its not a major issue.
The room had obviously had a deliberate design to it and looked very presentable with a big bedstead type bed, various pillows and cushions. The bathroom was big with a walk in shower, slipper bath and separate sinks.
Thats the good stuff, but we did have a few issues such as the air conditioning not working properly although this was dealt with by their very friendly maintenance guy coming along and hoovering it out (so preventative maintenance is key!) and it was ice cold again. Hot water went off due to gas issue that was fixed by the hotel fairly quickly and then on check out on the sunday the lift clapped out.....But generally I think these are more teething issues than an overall indication of the standard of this hotel and thus the very good rating.
So we'd stay here again as its central to the town, its good good food and beer and great staff...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel offers luxury accommodation in Stratford-upon-Avon, while crucially maintaining the charm, character and period features of the original building.The White Swan dates back to 1450, making it one of the oldest pubs in Stratford – and the front of the hotel is a cosy, traditional pub, continuing to serve outstanding cask ales and the best pub food in town.Our 41 four star guestrooms, marry traditional, original features with modern conveniences like iPod docks, flatscreen TVs and ensuite bathrooms.One thing not to miss on your visit to this historic Straford-upon-Avon pub is the antique wall painting in one of our front rooms. Commissioned by William Perrott, who owned the building in 1560, the special painting depicts the story of Tobias and the Angel - a subject doubly appropriate for a tavern of that time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The White Swan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- White Swan Stratford Upon Avon