I have just put two americans into the White Swan on a business trip for a week. I am local to the area and, before it closed for a complete refurbishment last year, it was an interesting old (very old) place but that was it. Now - excellent. The many small rooms that make up the pub/restaurant are perfect for chatting and being comfortable, though tables could be commandeered for mini-meetings without imposing on those staying for leisure. Breakfasts were excellent with interesting choices, and the staff pleasant and helpful. We were able to borrow a meeting room at very short notice when needed,
The place is immaculate and beautiful in the best boutique hotel style. the very central location worried me, and I guess the front facing rooms could occasionally be noisy from local revellers in the street, but we had no problems there, and this is hardly a busy city.
Quibble - why can't people park behind the hotel but instead have to use a car park over the street? Parking is, incidentally, an additional cost anyway.
The whole thing is not cheap (we negotiated on price - suggest you do the same) but I would say is currently at a perfect stage to visit - all brand new and perfect but, after 3-4 months in operation, any initial wrinkles have been smoothed out and the service and facilities are all excellent
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel offers luxury accommodation in Stratford-upon-Avon, while crucially maintaining the charm, character and period features of the original building.The White Swan dates back to 1450, making it one of the oldest pubs in Stratford – and the front of the hotel is a cosy, traditional pub, continuing to serve outstanding cask ales and the best pub food in town.Our 41 four star guestrooms, marry traditional, original features with modern conveniences like iPod docks, flatscreen TVs and ensuite bathrooms.One thing not to miss on your visit to this historic Straford-upon-Avon pub is the antique wall painting in one of our front rooms. Commissioned by William Perrott, who owned the building in 1560, the special painting depicts the story of Tobias and the Angel - a subject doubly appropriate for a tavern of that time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The White Swan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- White Swan Stratford Upon Avon