Booked a Grand Double room (online) for one night on a busy bank holiday weekend. Arrived late in the day to find our room had been double booked and the only alternative was a Classic room, which we had to take. This is where good customer service really counts, Fiona the duty manager was extremely apologetic, and dealt with the matter, including compensation, entirely to our satisfaction.
The hotel has recently been refurbished to a high standard, whilst still retaining much of the old charm of the original building. Nooks and crannies a plenty with pervasive, low beamed ceilings.
We only ate breakfast but had a choice of Continental, Full English or other cooked delectations
The staff are all welcoming, attentive and seemed happy despite their obvious workloads.
As for the room, unfortunately cannot comment on the Grand Double, but the Classic had a lovely large bed, large bathroom with walk-in shower, wardrobe, flat TV with Freeview channels etc. Didn't feel that the room was small but If you want a large room in this type of building you have to pay a premium.
Looking forward to reviewing a Character room in the not so distant future.
We usually book online and have learned that it could pay to confirm your booking with the actual hotel
One good tip: If visiting Stratford at peak periods the restaurants fill up very fast, best to book ahead and early.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel offers luxury accommodation in Stratford-upon-Avon, while crucially maintaining the charm, character and period features of the original building.The White Swan dates back to 1450, making it one of the oldest pubs in Stratford – and the front of the hotel is a cosy, traditional pub, continuing to serve outstanding cask ales and the best pub food in town.Our 41 four star guestrooms, marry traditional, original features with modern conveniences like iPod docks, flatscreen TVs and ensuite bathrooms.One thing not to miss on your visit to this historic Straford-upon-Avon pub is the antique wall painting in one of our front rooms. Commissioned by William Perrott, who owned the building in 1560, the special painting depicts the story of Tobias and the Angel - a subject doubly appropriate for a tavern of that time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The White Swan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- White Swan Stratford Upon Avon