Firstly we were greeted by a sulky receptionist who neglected to tell us there was a charge for the car park and that we had to be in the white bays! Luckily there were no penalties for us when we parked in a yellow bay. All the staff were a bit sulky to be honest and the language heard when waiting for the lift outside the kitchen made us grateful they were on the quieter side! I don't know what table 9 had done to upset the kitchen staff but someone was very displeased with them!
The room itself was a tad small but lovely. The view however of air conditioning units and an abandoned toilet was not what I expected when paying over £100 a night.
The breakfast was awful. We stuck to croissants and cereal on the second day. Not sure how they managed it but everything on the plate tasted bad.
The bar is lovely and the staff in the evening were very attentive. The main part of the hotel is lovely too. A nicer breakfast, a bit more effort from the staff and an improved view and the hotel would have been ideal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel offers luxury accommodation in Stratford-upon-Avon, while crucially maintaining the charm, character and period features of the original building.The White Swan dates back to 1450, making it one of the oldest pubs in Stratford – and the front of the hotel is a cosy, traditional pub, continuing to serve outstanding cask ales and the best pub food in town.Our 41 four star guestrooms, marry traditional, original features with modern conveniences like iPod docks, flatscreen TVs and ensuite bathrooms.One thing not to miss on your visit to this historic Straford-upon-Avon pub is the antique wall painting in one of our front rooms. Commissioned by William Perrott, who owned the building in 1560, the special painting depicts the story of Tobias and the Angel - a subject doubly appropriate for a tavern of that time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The White Swan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- White Swan Stratford Upon Avon