When booking I did try to get a character room but unfortunately they were all taken so we stayed here for one night in a Grand Double Room. Initial impressions of the hotel are great. The entrance and reception look impressive. The building is very old and had a charm that is not in hotels than are newly built. The only one negative for me was that the room did feel smaller than I expected a Grand Room to be but the bed was very comfortable, the bathroom modern and well appointed and the sleep quality was great - could not hear a pin drop. Parking was a 5 minute walk away but I don't find this an issue when the location it central in a town or city. The breakfast was great in the morning - I particularly enjoyed the Eggs Royal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel offers luxury accommodation in Stratford-upon-Avon, while crucially maintaining the charm, character and period features of the original building.The White Swan dates back to 1450, making it one of the oldest pubs in Stratford – and the front of the hotel is a cosy, traditional pub, continuing to serve outstanding cask ales and the best pub food in town.Our 41 four star guestrooms, marry traditional, original features with modern conveniences like iPod docks, flatscreen TVs and ensuite bathrooms.One thing not to miss on your visit to this historic Straford-upon-Avon pub is the antique wall painting in one of our front rooms. Commissioned by William Perrott, who owned the building in 1560, the special painting depicts the story of Tobias and the Angel - a subject doubly appropriate for a tavern of that time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The White Swan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- White Swan Stratford Upon Avon