The hotel location is ideal as it's within easy walking distance to many shops and restaurants. On arrival we were able to unload our luggage around the back of the hotel and then park in a public car park a couple mins walk away.
We had a classic room (rm 206) as it was all that was available when we booked; it had a heavy price increase as it was the CLA Game Fair weekend. Not great timing on our part as we were not attending the Game Fair anyway.
The room itself was smallish but a perfect temperature, tastefully decorated and clean. The bed was comfortable and cosy and there was a range of toiletries and amenities including a flat screen tv, a blow dryer, tea/coffee and even fresh milk in the fridge, as well as complimentary bottles of water. Two big windows overlook a car par at the back, not a great view but pretty nice and quiet.
An extra bonus was having wifi throughout the hotel.
We did not stay long enough to really see all the hotel facilities but the bar area was comfortable and had lots of nooks and crannies – we enjoyed some pre-dinner drinks there.
Breakfast was also served in this area and to our surprise the breakfast was OUTSTANDING! Very, very, good. It was almost the highlight of the stay.
The staff and service was varied, sometimes excellent, friendly and helpful, others times a rather offhand attitude.
Overall we enjoyed our stay. May have been better value for money on another, non-event weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel offers luxury accommodation in Stratford-upon-Avon, while crucially maintaining the charm, character and period features of the original building.The White Swan dates back to 1450, making it one of the oldest pubs in Stratford – and the front of the hotel is a cosy, traditional pub, continuing to serve outstanding cask ales and the best pub food in town.Our 41 four star guestrooms, marry traditional, original features with modern conveniences like iPod docks, flatscreen TVs and ensuite bathrooms.One thing not to miss on your visit to this historic Straford-upon-Avon pub is the antique wall painting in one of our front rooms. Commissioned by William Perrott, who owned the building in 1560, the special painting depicts the story of Tobias and the Angel - a subject doubly appropriate for a tavern of that time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your The White Swan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- White Swan Stratford Upon Avon