We booked a room at the white swan for our wedding anniversary and couldn't have asked for a better stay. We arrived early and was told our room wasn't ready (which we were expecting as we arrived at 1pm and check in isn't till 3) the guy on reception pointed us in the direction of the restaurant and said our room would be ready after we had finished eating. We were greeted by two members of staff who were both very welcoming and we were shown to a table next to a huge roaring fire were we could watch the world go by. We ordered from the a la carte menu and we weren't disappointed. The food was fantastic and so was the service. The waiter popped over to top up water, wine and to make sure we had everything we needed. After dinner we were showed to our room, again no complaints. The room was spotlessly clean and we had everything we needed, the roll top bath was lovely and the rain shower was even better. We went out in the evening and returned to the hotel for drinks, to find that the bar area was quite full with drinkers which made a great atmosphere (again with a fantastic fire!!). The following morning we went down to breakfast and were equally impressed. We were immediately seated with coffee and toast, we ordered from the menu and whilst waiting helped ourselves to the buffet. Then it was time to pack up and check out.
Every member of staff we encountered were friendly and acknowledged us wherever we was for the whole stay. The white swan is a fantastic hotel and we definitely want to return, thanks to the whole team for making our anniversary a special one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel offers luxury accommodation in Stratford-upon-Avon, while crucially maintaining the charm, character and period features of the original building.The White Swan dates back to 1450, making it one of the oldest pubs in Stratford – and the front of the hotel is a cosy, traditional pub, continuing to serve outstanding cask ales and the best pub food in town.Our 41 four star guestrooms, marry traditional, original features with modern conveniences like iPod docks, flatscreen TVs and ensuite bathrooms.One thing not to miss on your visit to this historic Straford-upon-Avon pub is the antique wall painting in one of our front rooms. Commissioned by William Perrott, who owned the building in 1560, the special painting depicts the story of Tobias and the Angel - a subject doubly appropriate for a tavern of that time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The White Swan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- White Swan Stratford Upon Avon