We stayed for one night at The White Swan Hotel recently and I was disappointed because when I made the reservation on line for two rooms to accommodate our family, thus being a classic room plus a grand room, it turned out we actually got two classic rooms! We tried talking to reception but the answer was that there were no rooms available (mid January??) , or they didn't care very much to bother.. We ended staying in two tiny rooms, and the one suppose to be a "grand" room , based on the receptionist, is actually on the web site as a classic!
We had the dinner and breakfast rate, but can't say it was a good deal at all. The food was bad, below average and service was really slow. The two student waitresses that were attending tables just could not manage the restaurant and the crowd at the bar area.
The high points were definitively the history of the beams and the XVth century Fresco discovered on the wall plus some influences toward Shakespeare, but service from both hotel and restaurant were disappointing.
What makes a place special and worth while being mentioned to friends is when every guest is treated with the most respect and attention and unfortunately it was not the experience we had at The White Swan Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel offers luxury accommodation in Stratford-upon-Avon, while crucially maintaining the charm, character and period features of the original building.The White Swan dates back to 1450, making it one of the oldest pubs in Stratford – and the front of the hotel is a cosy, traditional pub, continuing to serve outstanding cask ales and the best pub food in town.Our 41 four star guestrooms, marry traditional, original features with modern conveniences like iPod docks, flatscreen TVs and ensuite bathrooms.One thing not to miss on your visit to this historic Straford-upon-Avon pub is the antique wall painting in one of our front rooms. Commissioned by William Perrott, who owned the building in 1560, the special painting depicts the story of Tobias and the Angel - a subject doubly appropriate for a tavern of that time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The White Swan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- White Swan Stratford Upon Avon