A warm welcome greeted us when we checked in and by coincidence we had the same room as our last stay there. Smartly decorated room with a comfy bed (not so sure about the pillows!) and a large modem bathroom with a large fashionable sink and big shower head in the ceiling over the bath. The two course fixed price menu was included in our deal. Limited but interesting menu but very tasty and hot food. Unusual serving of chicken broth - we were served a plate with a small bowl in the plate which had a julienne of vegetables and a small breaded chicken stick in it and the waiter poured our broth in the bowl at the table from a teapot. Breakfast was part self service and part waiter service. Good choice of unusual hot food as well as the traditional breakfast was available. A well stocked bar and plenty of different types of seats in Hotel bar/lounge area. The only thing that marred our stay was the inability to sit outside in the the sunshine at the front of the hotel on the hotel's own seating due to very drunk group of people sitting outside. Hotel very willing to store baggage upon arrival and departure as there is no car park at the hotel. Parking is easy and about a five minute walk arranged by the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel offers luxury accommodation in Stratford-upon-Avon, while crucially maintaining the charm, character and period features of the original building.The White Swan dates back to 1450, making it one of the oldest pubs in Stratford – and the front of the hotel is a cosy, traditional pub, continuing to serve outstanding cask ales and the best pub food in town.Our 41 four star guestrooms, marry traditional, original features with modern conveniences like iPod docks, flatscreen TVs and ensuite bathrooms.One thing not to miss on your visit to this historic Straford-upon-Avon pub is the antique wall painting in one of our front rooms. Commissioned by William Perrott, who owned the building in 1560, the special painting depicts the story of Tobias and the Angel - a subject doubly appropriate for a tavern of that time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The White Swan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- White Swan Stratford Upon Avon