The hotel has lots of relatively modern and spacious rooms, plus a half-dozen or so in the really old (c1450) part of the building. The latter are smaller, with lower ceilings and old-fashioned furniture, creaking floorboards, etc. They are also more expensive. But, if you're only staying a night or two, the older rooms are the ones to go for - will really enhance your 'Stratford experience'.
For the rest, the selection of beers and wines is very good, the staff were friendly, breakfasts were OK and dinner was surprisingly good - I had a dish of monkfish, with a crab-cake and poached duck's egg on seasonal vegetables and microherbs that a Michelin starred restaurant would not have been ashamed of.
We took a Polish friend (who works in the hotel trade) to stay there - and she was wowed by it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel offers luxury accommodation in Stratford-upon-Avon, while crucially maintaining the charm, character and period features of the original building.The White Swan dates back to 1450, making it one of the oldest pubs in Stratford – and the front of the hotel is a cosy, traditional pub, continuing to serve outstanding cask ales and the best pub food in town.Our 41 four star guestrooms, marry traditional, original features with modern conveniences like iPod docks, flatscreen TVs and ensuite bathrooms.One thing not to miss on your visit to this historic Straford-upon-Avon pub is the antique wall painting in one of our front rooms. Commissioned by William Perrott, who owned the building in 1560, the special painting depicts the story of Tobias and the Angel - a subject doubly appropriate for a tavern of that time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The White Swan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- White Swan Stratford Upon Avon