We'd booked this as a special birthday treat for my wife and overall it was just that. Our welcome (thank you Lena) was warm and friendly with a nice little birthday surprise in the room. The room itself was great. It was one of the 'Grand' rooms, so the middle-tier price range. The decor was attractive, the room was spacious (ok, probably not if you're used to US rooms), the bathroom was lovely with a footed bath and walk-in shower, and, crucially, the bed was very comfortable. It was also (112 by the way) very quiet so we had a great night's sleep. The hotel's position is great, being very central. Parking's a bit of a pain but that's to be expected in an overcrowded little town like Stratford.
Breakfast was good but not great (eggs freshly cooked but bacon welded to itself as if it had been kept warm for quite some time). The rating of 4 rather than 5 is due to the price really. I know Stratford's an expensive place to stay but this was pretty much double our usual budget and I didn't feel it represented great value for money at the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel offers luxury accommodation in Stratford-upon-Avon, while crucially maintaining the charm, character and period features of the original building.The White Swan dates back to 1450, making it one of the oldest pubs in Stratford – and the front of the hotel is a cosy, traditional pub, continuing to serve outstanding cask ales and the best pub food in town.Our 41 four star guestrooms, marry traditional, original features with modern conveniences like iPod docks, flatscreen TVs and ensuite bathrooms.One thing not to miss on your visit to this historic Straford-upon-Avon pub is the antique wall painting in one of our front rooms. Commissioned by William Perrott, who owned the building in 1560, the special painting depicts the story of Tobias and the Angel - a subject doubly appropriate for a tavern of that time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your The White Swan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- White Swan Stratford Upon Avon