I don't usually review hotels but I'm writing this on the free wifi, sitting in bed on my second night in Room 205 at The White Swan and feel inspired to rave about it. This is a beautiful hotel, with real attention to detail, and a gorgeous pub and dining room downstairs. My classic room for just over £100 per night is comfy and beautifully designed, with furniture I'd like to take home with me, and a luxurious bathroom with a rain shower over a generous tub bath. There's a mini fridge empty to use for your own things, complimentary mineral water, restocked both days, flat screen tv and hub to connect a laptop to the tv via as well. Breakfast was delicious and the service was exemplary and although I didn't eat other meals the restaurant menu looked varied (if a touch pricey) and the bar is great for a drink. All the staff are friendly and helpful but best of all is the amazing Karolina on Reception, who could not have been more welcoming, professional and kind. This visit was to see a friend who lives in Stratford and I will definitely stay here again on future visits.
There are a couple of tiny points I'd advise the hotel to look at:
1. The pillows are VERY soft and not at all supportive for sleeping. I asked for firmer ones but they didn't have any, but gave me another pair of soft ones, which doesn't really help.
2. No margarine or low fat alternative to butter at breakfast. I'm waiting for gallbladder surgery and can't have butter so that was a little strange as it would be something I'd expect from any hotel.
3. There's no obvious switch for the heated towel rail in the bathroom (housekeeping switched it on at my request though) also the toilet roll holder was annoyingly positioned and the roll kept falling off!
Otherwise it's practically perfect!!! :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel offers luxury accommodation in Stratford-upon-Avon, while crucially maintaining the charm, character and period features of the original building.The White Swan dates back to 1450, making it one of the oldest pubs in Stratford – and the front of the hotel is a cosy, traditional pub, continuing to serve outstanding cask ales and the best pub food in town.Our 41 four star guestrooms, marry traditional, original features with modern conveniences like iPod docks, flatscreen TVs and ensuite bathrooms.One thing not to miss on your visit to this historic Straford-upon-Avon pub is the antique wall painting in one of our front rooms. Commissioned by William Perrott, who owned the building in 1560, the special painting depicts the story of Tobias and the Angel - a subject doubly appropriate for a tavern of that time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The White Swan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- White Swan Stratford Upon Avon