“A good experience”
Review of Quilt & Croissants

Quilt & Croissants
Reviewed 13 June 2011

This is a B and B with a good deal of charm. Sue and Richard are very friendly and provided an excellent breakfast. Unfortunately, I booked too late to secure an en-suite room, but understand that the tiny single I did get is to be transformed into a bathroom soon - it was, in any case, extremely cheap at £30! The place is well situated and certainly worth a return visit.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Quilt & Croissants

Reviewed 16 June 2010

I am colleague to Jim Stark, who wrote a review above, and I have stayed for years at the Q&C, both with college students and with my family. I second everything Jim said. The Lees are a wonderful family--not just Richard and Sue, but also Cassie and Oliver, the teenaged kids, who pitch in on the service with great cheer. The family has deep Stratford roots, and will offer help on all sorts of things not necessarily listed in the guide books. I wouldn't think of going anywhere else when I go to Stratford.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank hanoverprof
Reviewed 4 June 2010

My sister, niece, and I had a wonderful welcome and stay at this establishment for the first time in 2008. We arrived from Canada and Germany to visit an elderly aunt in a local eldercare home. It was a tiring visit, both emotionally and physically, so we very much appreciated the extra TLC we were given at Quilt and Croissants. Our family, including our British cousins, has continued to book at Quilt and Croissants whenever we visit our aunt.(most recently May 2010) Our hosts recommend places to eat (at odd hours!) and on occasions when there is a last minute visit to be made, and no rooms available at Quilt & Croissants, they make sure we have an alternate place to sleep. I am very thankful to have found this haven, where the beds are comfortable, the breakfasts delicious and the welcome a warm one! Thank you so very much. Sincerely, Rosemary Mayo , Montreal, Canada.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Just back from Stratford and had a great stay at Quilt & Croissants.
Richard & Sue very friendly and helpful.
Stayed three nights and slept like a log with brilliant breakfast in the morning.
Very well situated for all sightseeing.
Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2010

I've stayed at the Q & C many times in the past ten years, and it's by far my preferred spot in Stratford-upon-Avon. Everything is sparkling clean, with frequent upgrades to the rooms' appearance. Breakfasts are superb, and the proprietors are friendly and helpful.

The location is perfect for theatre-goers: near to the RSC and to shopping in the traditional, open-air market in the Rother Square.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2010

Stayed here in mid-March with fairly high expectations based on reviews on Trip Advisor. My single room was not en suite and probably the smallest I've ever stayed in!  The furniture was quite old and very ordinary and charmless. The bathroom, down the landing, was in need of some maintenance. The breakfast was fine but nothing out of the ordinary. Friends in a triple room  practically expired from the excessive heating in their room which, according to the person queried, could not be turned down!  The "raves" by some reviewers of this establishment now leave me suspicious of their true source.

Reviewed 5 February 2010

As is often the case with 'tourist towns', I have not previously found a b&b (or hotel) in Stratford to which I wished to return. But I will certainly go back to this one. My single room was quiet, cosy and comfortable, with a blissful bed and a small but perfectly fine shower room. The breakfast was lovely, the cost (£40) very reasonable and the owners - Richard and Sue - extremely friendly and helpful. The house is a short walk from everything one might wish to visit in the town centre. I will certainly be back next time I need to be in Stratford.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business