“Within Walking distance of Shakesphere's theatre”
Review of Quilt & Croissants

Quilt & Croissants
Reviewed 19 December 2012

We look forward to returning to Stratford upon Avon. Sue and Richard are very welcoming even going so far as making me Gluten Free bread. We never heard one peep from the others in the bed and breakfast so my fiance and I were surprised when we came down to breakfast to find 6 university students discussing their day. The night before we managed to go to Shakesphere's play "The Merry Maids of Windsor". So we could discuss the play indepth. It felt like home. Thank you for allow my fiance and I to stay with you.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 December 2012

Despite what NotTooLate (who made the poor review on this property) says, I am a real person who actually paid money to stay at Quilt and Croissants. From the moment I arrived in Stratford, Sue and Richard were nothing but helpful and welcoming. On arrival to what I thought would be a quiet village, I became quite lost and even my GPS couldn't save me. I gave Sue a quick call and she said "Stay where you are, I'll come and find you!" Two minutes later, she hopped in my car and took me the rest of the way. I was initially booked into a single room, but on discovery of a plumbing problem, I was quickly taken to the double room. It was very comfortable with what looks like a recently renovated ensuite. The bed was AMAZING. Breakfast was delicious and ample.

The property itself is in walking distance to all the important Shakespeare sites (with the exception of Mary Arden's Farm). I walked everywhere: Hall's Croft, Holy Trinity Church, Royal Shakespeare Company and Nash's House and New Place. I also walked to Anne Hathaway's cottage which is about a mile from the B & B. Just as I was leaving the cottage and bemoaning the mile walk back to Stratford, who should drive around the corner but Richard. He offered me a ride back to town and took me to the exact spot I wanted to be dropped off. In the car we discussed my trip back to southern England and I expressed a desire to avoid the motorway. Richard kindly offered to produce a guide with an alternative route which will allow me to see the countryside a bit more.

If I HAD TO make one criticism, it would be that there is everything supplied in the bathroom (shower gel, body lotion, cotton buds, cotton balls, hand wash) except for guest shampoo and conditioner... and as I brought my own it didn't matter.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I hope that one day I will get to return to Stratford and if Sue and Richard are still running Quilt and Croissants, I will definitely stay there.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank AmandaB_66
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Had such a lovely stay here. Both Richard and Sue are very welcoming and the service is fantastic. The room was large and spacious and very clean. Breakfast was delicious and its only a short walk to the town centre. Will definitely be stopping again if we come back to Stratford upon Avon.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I first came to Stratford-upon-Avon in 2003 as part of a university trip and we stayed at Quilt & Croissants. My mentor used to choose this place in particular and she and her husband always got a room here...and she'd been coming to Stratford for decades. There's a reason for that. Sue and Richard are very kind and always up for a chat. I've stayed in many of the rooms here and I think they are all charming, always clean, comfy, and have all the little amenities which add a little something extra (tea & coffee in room, nice hand soaps and lotions, etc. etc.). Breakfast is yummy. It's also extremely affordable. Every time I come back to Stratford (which is at least once a year), Sue and Richard are my first email to check availability.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Recently stayed at the Quilt and Croissants for just a night. The B&B was charming and had a distinct homely feel, particularly due to the couple who own it who were helpful and friendly. The room was spacious and clean. En-suite was well equipped too! Only fault was that the room was cold, but we found an extra blanket to keep us warm. Overall, a pleasant stay!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2011

The room was clean and a good size, the location is great for the town and the RSC theatre. Breakfast was good. Unfortunately the shower in our room was broken and only ran cold. Otherwise a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IM295
Reviewed 13 June 2011

This is a B and B with a good deal of charm. Sue and Richard are very friendly and provided an excellent breakfast. Unfortunately, I booked too late to secure an en-suite room, but understand that the tiny single I did get is to be transformed into a bathroom soon - it was, in any case, extremely cheap at £30! The place is well situated and certainly worth a return visit.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo