“Couldn't get the shower to work”
Review of Quilt & Croissants

Quilt & Croissants
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Couldn't take a shower because I couldn't get the shower to work. Everything else was pretty much as you'd expect from a b&b. Bed, teabags....I didn't try the breakfast so can't comment. It's located about 10-15 minutes walk from the theatres. Quickest route is to walk down Scholars Lane.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Over many years of visiting Stratford for the theatre we have stayed as often as possible at Quilt and Croissants. It has been our first choice B&B but not surprisingly it is popular and there have not always been rooms available. We stayed there recently and were struck again by how kind and generous Richard and Sue are in their welcome and general attitude to those who stay with them. On two occasions we have had car trouble necessitating calling breakdown services. Each time we were welcomed back to the house, offered drinks and made to feel comfortable. They clearly know about "the extra mile" in hospitality!
We were also impressed by the way they are constantly improving the accommodation they offer.
We have always been most comfortable in the attractively appointed rooms and their breakfast offerings are wide and should cover the most demanding client, the ingredients and
cooking being exemplary.
Richard and Sue are interested in the theatre and attend as many performances at the RSC as they can so it is always interesting discussing the latest productions with them. As B&B proprietors they seem to be unusual in this respect.
We highly recommend Quilt and Croissants.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian K
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Although I only stayed for one day my stay at Quilts and Croissants was one I will never forget. The room was a good size and the bed was very comfortable. l Loved the old fashion key they gave me for my room. The hotel is a short walking distance to the city center and most of the sites in the city can be reach by foot. I will definitely stay again if I ever have the privilege to return to Stratford-upon-Avon.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed 19 December 2012

We look forward to returning to Stratford upon Avon. Sue and Richard are very welcoming even going so far as making me Gluten Free bread. We never heard one peep from the others in the bed and breakfast so my fiance and I were surprised when we came down to breakfast to find 6 university students discussing their day. The night before we managed to go to Shakesphere's play "The Merry Maids of Windsor". So we could discuss the play indepth. It felt like home. Thank you for allow my fiance and I to stay with you.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Despite what NotTooLate (who made the poor review on this property) says, I am a real person who actually paid money to stay at Quilt and Croissants. From the moment I arrived in Stratford, Sue and Richard were nothing but helpful and welcoming. On arrival to what I thought would be a quiet village, I became quite lost and even my GPS couldn't save me. I gave Sue a quick call and she said "Stay where you are, I'll come and find you!" Two minutes later, she hopped in my car and took me the rest of the way. I was initially booked into a single room, but on discovery of a plumbing problem, I was quickly taken to the double room. It was very comfortable with what looks like a recently renovated ensuite. The bed was AMAZING. Breakfast was delicious and ample.

The property itself is in walking distance to all the important Shakespeare sites (with the exception of Mary Arden's Farm). I walked everywhere: Hall's Croft, Holy Trinity Church, Royal Shakespeare Company and Nash's House and New Place. I also walked to Anne Hathaway's cottage which is about a mile from the B & B. Just as I was leaving the cottage and bemoaning the mile walk back to Stratford, who should drive around the corner but Richard. He offered me a ride back to town and took me to the exact spot I wanted to be dropped off. In the car we discussed my trip back to southern England and I expressed a desire to avoid the motorway. Richard kindly offered to produce a guide with an alternative route which will allow me to see the countryside a bit more.

If I HAD TO make one criticism, it would be that there is everything supplied in the bathroom (shower gel, body lotion, cotton buds, cotton balls, hand wash) except for guest shampoo and conditioner... and as I brought my own it didn't matter.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I hope that one day I will get to return to Stratford and if Sue and Richard are still running Quilt and Croissants, I will definitely stay there.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank AmandaB_66
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Had such a lovely stay here. Both Richard and Sue are very welcoming and the service is fantastic. The room was large and spacious and very clean. Breakfast was delicious and its only a short walk to the town centre. Will definitely be stopping again if we come back to Stratford upon Avon.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I first came to Stratford-upon-Avon in 2003 as part of a university trip and we stayed at Quilt & Croissants. My mentor used to choose this place in particular and she and her husband always got a room here...and she'd been coming to Stratford for decades. There's a reason for that. Sue and Richard are very kind and always up for a chat. I've stayed in many of the rooms here and I think they are all charming, always clean, comfy, and have all the little amenities which add a little something extra (tea & coffee in room, nice hand soaps and lotions, etc. etc.). Breakfast is yummy. It's also extremely affordable. Every time I come back to Stratford (which is at least once a year), Sue and Richard are my first email to check availability.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo