“Relaxed, close to theatres - and fridge!”

Meridian Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stratford-upon-Avon
Meridian Guest House
london
“Relaxed, close to theatres - and fridge!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Just back from my second stay at the Meridian and it's a gem. It's a 10-minute walk to the theatres but unlike most Stratford B&Bs it's in a lovely very quiet residential area. Rooms and bathrooms are beautifully presented - they feel like a posh boutique hotel. And there's no sense of fussiness which makes it wonderfully easy to feel relaxed and at home - there's even a snazzy kitchen exclusively for guests to use if they choose. Brilliant to be able to keep milk and cans of G&T in the fridge! Also close to Stratford's hidden treasure, the Welcombe Hills.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank rscfan

Business
Cambridge, UK
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Looks like I am doing annual spring inspections of Meridian... Well, it's still as great as I remember it from last year. It was just one night this time, with a marathon to run the next morning. Johanna was very understanding with early breakfast etc. It does feel like coming home. Lots of little touches, like his and hers umbrellas in the room (very useful in the times of flood warnings). Good comfy beds and pillows - rather important in a hotel. Nice book selections in the rooms, and big HD TVs for less reading-inclined guests. Keep it up! Oh, and Room 1 is indeed great as someone has noticed. I wonder if the art-deco furniture in it could be stripped of the latter-day paint on the outside - there is a terrific real wood on the inside.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
N Yorks
Reviewed 13 October 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Meridian for 3 nights from 4th to 6th October inclusive. It's in a quiet area just 15 mins or so from the Theatres and attractions. Check in time is normally 4pm but Jo, the proprietor was happy to welcome us at 2pm (with prior arrangement). We were allocated Room 1, a lovely room with a comfortable bed, period furniture, flat screen TV and a good selection of books in the bedside cupboard. I was really pleased to find we had a bath as well as a shower. We ate our breakfasts in the multi-function kitchen/dining room and were offered the use of the facilities there to make up packed lunches or eat our own meals there if we wished. Breakfast was of "ample sufficiency" - comprising fruit juice, cereals, yogurt, bananas, nicely cooked 'full English', toast and tea.
Jo was a very friendly and welcoming host who gave us information on walks in the Welcombe Hills. Quite close by there is also a lovely walk along the canal which stretches from Stratford as far as Birmingham, but we walked just as far as Mary Arden's House and back (approx. 10km).
Our only disappointment, which rather spoilt the look of our room was that there was a bad water stain on the ceiling from a previously flooded bathroom above, but Jo explained that plans were earmarked to have the ceiling repaired at the end of the season.
We would certainly be more than happy to stay at the Meridian again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jaybil
Newcastle under Lyme
Reviewed 18 August 2011

A jewel of a guest house with spacious clean rooms and a friendly, welcoming proprietor - and understanding of the needs of motorcyclists!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
East Sussex
Reviewed 6 June 2011

My wife and myself spent a couple of nights at the Meridian 3rd & 4th June (Room 4) and we enjoyed our stay very much indeed. Jo the proprietor made us very welcome and served a lovely breakfast,our room was large and nicely decorated and the shower room was bright, airy and clean.
We would definitely use this B & B again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
london
Reviewed 4 June 2011

We took a few days out of our busy London lives to get away to Stratford. We'd stayed at the Meridian Guest House before and didn't think of going anywhere else. From the moment we walked through the door Jo made us feel welcome; the house is immaculate and comfortable -a real home from home! Breakfast was fabulous. When going to Stratford we wouldn't think of going anywhere else.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Cambridge, UK
Reviewed 2 May 2011

I stayed for a couple of nights with my bridge partner and enjoyed the stay a lot. The rooms are big, airy, mine (#4) had a terrific view of the town. Everything spotlessly clean, breakfast first class, Johanna's company was lovely. I am not sure about fully equipped kitchen - it looks impressive, and there is now a self-catering option, which I am sure will appeal to some. Just not to me.
My friend's room had a huge bath, of which he heartily approved; I am a shower man myself, and it's always a pleasant surprise to find a proper power shower in an English B&B as in my en-suite.
Lovely touches - like finding in the evening my running gear, which was left to dry in the bathroom, all neatly folded - what can I say, for me such a stay beats a soulless big hotel every time.
Hope to be able to stay at Meridian again - keep up the good work!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends