“23 Aug”

Hunters Moon Guest House
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stayed here 40 years ago on our first holiday together. Gary and Sally couldn't have been more helpful and welcoming. Lovely room with garden outlook and wonderful breakfast. Out of the nine hotels/guesthouses we stayed in over 2 weeks this one and only one other were outstanding.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I can't recommend The Moon enough.
We have made this our regular stop when we visit for the theatre, and have stayed several times ourselves and at Xmas Gary and Sally blocked the whole place for us our son and both sets of grandparents.
They are a fantastic couple and look after us with great care and attention. The place is spotless and well maintained and Sally cooks a fab breakfast.
This time was our 10th anniversary and they made it special with even more attention.
We love the short walk to town and back and the quiet of the back double room overlooking a beautiful garden.
Thanks Gary and Sally!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I booked 2 nights at Hunters Moon Guest House in July and I was not disappointed. I arrived quite early in the morning and Gary was happy to let me drop off my luggage until my room was ready. I was travelling solo and my room was small but very cozy and perfectly well appointed. It even had a small fridge, the only one I saw of all the places I stayed in England. The ensuite with shower was modern and clean. Both Gary and Sally were extremely hospitable and ready to help with any questions I had. The breakfast and the service were wonderful. The guest house is very close to Anne Hathaway's Cottage and there is a nice footpath close by that takes you right into the center of Stratford-upon-Avon. This was very convenient since I did not have a car. I would definitely recommend Hunters Moon.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This guest house made you feel like you were visiting old friends, everything was great.My score out of 10 would be 11.We will only stay there when we go to Stratford upon Avon, Thanks so much for allowing us to stay there, hope to go again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I cant recommend The Hunters Moon highly enough , it is an absolute treasure of a place! I was really wary of guest houses and B&B's due to childhood seaside traima lol but I was so wrong! The Hunters Moon is meticulously clean and tidy and it smelt beautiful too! Our room was spotless and every detail had been thought about. Gary and Sally are brilliant hosts, really friendly, hospitable and warm, welcoming people. Nothing is too much trouble, theres plenty of tea, coffee, hot chocolate and biscuits in the room with fresh milk in a mini fridge within the wardrobe (fab touch!) The fresh food they serve is either homegrown or locally sourced and Sally does the most amazing scrambled eggs! The breakfast was delicious and plentiful. I cant recommend The Hunters Moon highly enough. Thankyou Gary and Sally :-)

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We had never been to Stratford Upon Avon before so it was a bit of and adventure. I had a quick look on Tripadvisor and come up with Hunters Moon Guest House, and boy did we make the correct choice. We were met at the door by the owner Gary, he showed us to our room, even offering to carry our bags up the stairs. Once in the room Gary went through everthing we needed to know. The room was at the front of the Guest House, it was lovely, and to a high spec. Even the small fridge with milk and two bottles of water was a nice touch.
Breakfast whilst we were there was between 8 & 9.
Breakfast was lovely with a wide varity of options including cerals and cooked breakfasts.
I went for one of the cooked breakfast options, (well you have to dont you!!)
Sally was cooking the breakfasts, but she also had time to come in and have a little chat. Both Gary and Sally were both very friendly and nothing was too much trouble.
The Guest House is about a 10 min walk into Stratford but we do walk quite quickly so no more than 15 mins. It wasnt a hard walk, all flat. It was an ideal place to stay.
They were always asking if we needed anything, and if we did just ask.
The bed was comfortable, there was free wi-fi and little touches like biscuits and the toilettries all helped to make the stay that much more enjoyable.
There were even umbrella's in the porch, and boy did we need them on the Saturday.
It chucked it down.
To finish off, we had a fantastic stay, we would certianly look to stay there again should we wander into that part of the country again.
Thank you Gary & Sally for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Spent last night here and really enjoyed it. I usually stay in Premier Inn's when working away from home so was not sure what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised. Great welcome and very friendly owners. Defo would stay again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business