“Excellent stay at Arden Way”

Arden Way Guesthouse
Reviewed 2 January 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a two night new year break at Arden Way Guest House and we had such a lovely relaxing time. Our room was comfortable, warm and quiet with a very clean en-suite/shower. The room was cleaned and towels were changed daily and the breakfast was great – full English with bacon, egg, sausages, fried bread, tomatoes and mushrooms plus tea/coffee, fruit juice, cereals, fresh fruit salad and yoghurts – perfect for starting the day.

Jeanne is a wonderful host and was very welcoming even when we arrived early before she had chance to make up our room. We were allowed to leave our car in the car park outside the house before we checked in and after we had finished our final day in Stratford.

The guest house is about 5 minutes walk to the riverside/recreation ground and 10 minutes into Stratford town centre for all the attractions. There are some nice walks in the immediate area around the park and riverside and the area is quiet and safe.

Overall, a fabulous break and we would definitely recommend Arden Way.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank walkleytravellers

Reviewed 16 December 2012

Very good quality clean room combined with a good breakfast made this an excellent choice for my recent visit to Stratford. Being close to the theatre and the town centre is an added bonus and I think this B and B offers very good value.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Stefan C
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Stayed for 2 nights with friends. Very good breakfast cooked to order . Clean and comfortable rooms.I had the downstairs room which had an extra bed.
Great situation for walking into town only 10 mins to theatre. The owner most helpful.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank LlangollenAnjie
Reviewed 30 October 2012

This B&B is the best that my husband and I have stayed in ... ever! Jeanne is warm, welcoming, and extremely accommodating. When she heard that I needed to buy gloves because it was a cold night, she noted that the stores would have already been closed and lent me hers for the evening! She is very knowledgeable of the area as well as the theatrical shoes in town. I would definitely come again and bring more family along!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CCaster_29
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Stayed at the guest house whilst working in Stratford for a week. Although this is a bed and breakfast, the rooms are high quality, clean and fresh with en-suite facilities. The rooms are cleaned dailyThe owner provides a good quality breakfast (cooked and buffet), although vegetarian just means the same without meat. The location is within a couple of minutes of good quality pub food and just 8 minute walk to the centre of Stratford. I woud recommend this to anyone visiting Stratford who wants hotel quality but on a budget. There is no 'common room' but all the rooms have TV.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TonyJohnGrant
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I normally don't stay in B&Bs, I don't know why..just normally go for the ease of a hotel with everything on my doorstep.
Arden Way has completely confused me now! The standard of accommodation/ facilities and service is impeccable and when you consider the cost I would go as far to say, they are possibly under valuing themselves.

There is free parking at the front with enough space for about 6 cars( it has 6 rooms). The owner, Jeanne is just amazing. She offers a really warm welcome with a great explanation of everything both inside and outside of the hotel. Rooms are spotlessly clean with comfy beds,soft fluffy towels and crisp bed linen. Tea/ coffee is provided as is digital free view and FREE wifi. I stayed in one of the rooms overlooking the rear garden,( again immaculately kept- not sure if guests can use?), lovely and quiet- slept like a log.
Breakfast normally starts at 8.15 but this host will do everything to accommodate even the most difficult of people- me! She rose early to cook my breakfast with an added bonus of Fried bread. The breakfast room is bright and as you would expect presented to a high standard.

It's probably about 10 minutes walk into town across the bridge but within coughing distance is an excellent pub/ bistro.
All in all, Arden Way is a really well run, well presented B&B from which many a hotel chain could learn. Long may Jeanne continue and I will definitely be back when in the area.
One final tip, book directly with them rather than through an agency. ...

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Spongegod
Reviewed 16 October 2012

This is one of the best B&B’s we’ve ever stayed in!
It’s absolutely spotlessly clean, with a lovely room, and beautiful bed linen. The bathroom was new, but a bit small.
Jeanne was a very welcoming and attentive host, giving us a map of Stratford-upon-Avon and showing us the sights. It’s about a 10 minute walk to the lovely town centre.
Breakfast is excellent – Jeanne cooks it herself using good quality ingredients.
We would certainly recommend it and come again !

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple