Stratford-upon-Avon Racecourse Touring Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stratford-upon-Avon
Stratford-upon-Avon Racecourse Touring Park
Kingston upon Hull, England, United Kingdom
“peaceful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

If your looking for somewhere to kick back and relax then this is the place it is so quiet, if you want noise then the best time to book is when a rece is on otherwise it is the place to sit and read and just chill. It is a five min drive to Stratford town centre but if you fancy a walk then you can cut through where the two train carrages are ie one is a cafe the other rents bikes.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Tracy M

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
scotland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I had called ahead to book this when we were enroute our expected time of arrival was 8pm and I was told there would be no one there but just to park up and I could pay in the morning. Our campervan broke down and unfortunatly we had to wait for the RAC to get us started and we did not get to the site until 9:45. It was not overly busy and we just parked up and got bedded down for the night.
when I went to pay in the morning I found the warden (woman) to be extreamly rude and with very little empathy for our ordeal the previous night she stated very strongly that we should never come in at that time of night and didnt really give me the opportunity to explain that we had went straight to sleep. I did speak to the motorhome owners next to us to appologise if we had disturbed them the previous night, which they said we hadn't needless to say we only stayed one night and moved onto another site a short drive away.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank wendycar
Derby
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I recently stayed for two nights at the Racecourse. We camped in a two man tent and were checked in by a very friendly and helpful couple. They did make a mistake with our payment but they realised before we did and made us aware of it and refunded us straight away with no problems. Altogether we paid £26 for two nights on the pitch which I thought was reasonable. The site was well kept and tidy and there was plenty of room. As we were in a tent, we had pretty much free choice on where to pitch, the only downside being that there are few shady areas which can be tough in warmer weathers, but we expected that.
The toilets were clean and well stocked with toilet paper each time I went in, plus the soap and hand towel dispensers were never low either.
The Racecourse is only a short walk from the town centre and the walk was really enjoyable, although I would look this up before you go or ask the wardens about it, who will be happy to help. They're also full of knowledge about the pubs and other things to see and do in the area, which is handy if you are stuck on what to do or where the best place to eat is.
Overall, I would definitely return as we had a really pleasant trip.

Room Tip: Some pitches are really far from the toilet/shower block, bare this in mind when choosing a spot.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Rosiegreg
Stratford upon avon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed here for 1 night to try out our new tent as we are local.
The wardens were a smashing couple, really friendly and helpful.
The facilities were basic but clean.
I would recommend a torch if your walking back from town at night, as the walk is pitch black n spooky!
Will definately be staying here again!

• Stayed July 2014
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

We have a 8 berth tent and have used it when previous wardens was running the site.
I forgot what we was charged.
I know from previous visit's there was electric available to use in the kitchen.
When we last visited the electric was no longer available in the kitchen.
Electric is available for tent users but you are charged for it.
You are charged 50p for the showers.
The toilets wasn't very clean on our last visit.
And the previous wardens wasn't very nice either.
It's a nice walk into town.
There no play equipment for the children.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 7Liz
Nottingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

I tried to book this campsite yesterday for our yearly camping trip as a group of 6 mixed sex friendship group. I spoke with a very unhelpful woman. I tried to book for 2 large and 1 small tent and when gave the size of 1 large tent as an 8 man I was told that the computer has no facility to book an 8 man tent so they don't take them! I offered to get the dimensions as even though classed as an 8 man its not that big but was told that they couldn't as the computer wouldn't allow. I find this amazing as in pictures it looks a lot bigger than sites we have visited before with the same tent. I was also told days previous by a really helpful man, that there was 1 other person booked for the weekend of 20/9 and with this woman i was told there was a rally booked in-so am not sure who in that office doesn't know what they are doing.They obviously don't want business.I won't recommend this site to others.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Hnewnotts
Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

My Wife and I have a touring caravan and we use the Touring Park as a stop off site.We find that the site is located in a good position within walking distance of the town and if you speak to the Warden & his Wife you will find that they are very helpful We have known different Wardens in the time that we have been going there and we have found them all friendly and helpful The facilities are adiquate bearing in mind that you are on a racecourse site. When there is a race meeting you are given a free ticket to go to the races

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family