“First camping experience”
Review of Dodwell Park

Dodwell Park
Reviewed 20 April 2014

As first time campers we arrived at Dodwell Park to be greeted by Dave and the lady in the reception ( which I think was his wife) and had a very warm welcome they provided a map of the site and a local info booklet of surrounding areas. I had arrived without the husband in tow to help and found the neighbouring people friendly we pitched our tent and had a look around small site but with everything you need clean and warm toilet block and washing up area, water tap points and a shop that has everything you could need if you had forgotten anything.
But after such a great start the Great British Bank Holiday weather struck again resulting in cold and rain and us abandoning ship and coming home but after experiencing the hospitality it hasn't put us off and will definitely in warmer climates.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lucie B

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My wife and I met with a couple of friends for a lovely weekend in our VW campers last weekend. The site manager Dave was very welcoming and showed us to serviced hard standing pitches. He also advised regarding bus times, taxi numbers and walking routes in to Stratford. The amenities were clean with 3 hot showers in each section. The site was quiet when we were there with plenty of room for us to enjoy our stay. The site is ideally suited for visiting Stratford, which was delightful on a sunny weekend. We walked there and back along the river one day and took a taxi there and back for an evening meal at Marlows restaurant on High street which can also be recommended for traditional cuisine.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ian G
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I returned home yesterday having spent 2 nights at Dodwell Park.
The site managers were very friendly and a wealth of local information.
Being my first stopover in my new camper van and alone I was a little apprehensive about my stay. I felt quite safe and reassured after my first night. The site/shower block was lit well enough without being a nuisance over night. It was lovely to walk into a heated building to have a shower, no shivering getting undressed or when turning the bountiful hot water off!
My only minor complaint was the hair dryer which was 'useless'. After discussing this I realised it was what could only be installed safely. My fault I didn't pack my own hair dryer. I will learn from that mistake.
Thank you to my neighbours as well for imparting knowledge and information which I can use at a later date.
Thank you for a very pleasant stay and warm welcome. I will certainly recommend your site to others.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My partner and I have just spent a lovely long weekend camping at Dodwell Park. We had stayed there a few months before so knew it was a pleasant little campsite and had planned to return. The wardens are very friendly and make you feel welcome. They suggested we may like to pitch our tent in the corner by the hedge so we were protected from the cold wind. It was a perfect spot and we hope to have that pitch again.

It is excellent having a heated shower block with double glazed windows and the showers are super with plenty of hot water. We found the toilets and showers clean both times we stayed and the site well presented.

It is a quite peaceful site which is what we like and the views are wonderful all around the area. The location is great and easy to get to many places from the site. Stratford is only a short distance by car and offers a host of things to do. There are some lovely walks through the park and along the river and lots of places of interest to see.

We had an enjoyable weekend and will certainly be returning to Dodwell Park very soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

This campsite is really easy to find with heated shower block and all the usual utilities you would expect to find. I will say that when we went it the ground was a little boggy so I would suggest that you take some decent boots with you if you go in the early months of the year.

The wardens are friendly and there is a small shop on site with all your usual bits and pieces that you would expect to find.

Would stay again

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jameswa23
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Stayed for nearly three weeks and over bank holiday weekend. Perfect site for quiet relaxing holiday. I had my caravan there with my 13 yr old son who loved it and parents had their camper bus. Showers were hot, toilets clean, grass manicured and a bus stop right outside the door. We found park n ride which was fantastic 75p return for me and my son and parents free with their government passes even though we were out of our shire! Stratford was on our doorstep as was Black Country Living Museum, Cadbury World,Roman Baths and Stonehenge. Dave was friendly and most days come to ask us how we were and if we were having a good one! He couldn't do enough for the guests. There were dogs all on leads and children all were very well behaved. Don't let others put you off, this place is great and good value for the time of year I paid £220 for nearly three weeks! and I for one and I know my parents, will be back!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This was the first time that we had used our new tent. The view from the pitch was good and the warden was very welcoming. The facilities were good, shower pressure was good and warm, and the park was clean and tidy. The warden told us about Luddington and we used to go down there after a good trot around Stratford and have a picnic. Kids loved it as it had a working Canal and the weir was fantastic. Great place to be. would go again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family