“Perfect location, room, style, facility and most perfect host”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stratford-upon-Avon
Broadlands Guest House
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect location, room, style, facility and most perfect host”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Stayed in this B&B for Shakespeare Marathon around end of April, not only was I impressed with the location, the room setup and its facility, but also I was most impressed with the friendliness of my host - Geoff and Sylvia. The fact that I arrived late on Friday night, and had to check out early on Sunday morning for the run, and needed to come back for a shower didn't discount their hospitality, but was received with more warmth and care.

About the B&B itself, had the most fantastic interior design, each room has a theme and style, my room was metallic with matching wallpaper. Also was provided Evelyn and Trees room spray and quality handwash, etc. They certainly spoil your sense and comfort!

Definitely recommend to all people and would come back when opportunity comes up!

Room Tip: I liked the top floor room the most.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Spent a night here with work friends last weekend. We were made really welcome and fussed over upon arrival. The room I shared with my colleague was clean, comfortable and had everything that you could possibly want. The only downside was that the room was small so the twin beds were pushed together so were almost a double - not ideal when you don't know someone too well! That aside, I cannot fault the B and B: the service was lovely; we were made to feel completely at home. The breakfast was fantastic. Cooked to perfection, no grease and plenty of choice including fresh fruits and yogurt. Plenty of offers of more tea and toast too. Would definitely recommend this place.

Room Tip: Room 3 a bit small for friends though fine for a couple.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Bushey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My friends and I went on spec and knocked at this B&B and we were so impressed.
Sylvia & Jeff were so open and welcome.
The accommodation was spotless,amenities everything you would expect and the standard of breakfast fantastic eg fresh fruit ,good choices of breakfast and if you had a large appetite there was plenty on offer.Not a bit of grease in sight.

Room Tip: We had rooms 2,4&6 and they where all good for a B&B experience.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Eagle, Idaho
Reviewed 13 May 2013

My experience at the Broadlands in late September 2012 was a pure delight! As a senior solo traveler, I felt at home – safe, cared for, and comfortable. It’s obvious that the managers, Sylvia and Geoff, enjoy their job! This friendly, kind-hearted couple goes out of their way to please their guests. My room was clean and tidy, and the full English breakfast was outstanding. The location is excellent -- just a short walk to the RSC Theatre, Trinity Church, and the River Avon. I wish that I could have stayed longer than two nights and look forward to a longer stay next time I visit Stratford-Upon-Avon.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2013

It was the second time in two months that I spent a weekend in Broadlands Bed&Breakfast in Stratford-upon-Avon, and my next visit is already in the making. Centrally located it is a great starting point for all sorts of activities, whether you are interested in the RSC Theatres in the centre of Stratford or rather in an escape to nature along the Canal or to Places related to Shakespeare. From the very first minute Sylvia and Geoff made me feel at home, facilitated all the extras I asked for without any fuss and Geoff's full English breakfast is beyond description - you just have to go and try it for yourself. I consider myself really lucky to have found such a nice resort for short weekend breaks and am already looking forward to my next visit in July. Thank you, Sylvia and Geoff!!!

Room Tip: Both single rooms tried so far have their own charme.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Broadlands Guest House gets my highest recommendation without a doubt! I just spent a week there while visiting Stratford-upon-Avon for Shakespeare's Birthday celebrations, the Stratford Literary Festival, and to see several plays by the Royal Shakespeare Company. Sylvia and Geoff made my stay an absolute pleasure. From the minute I arrived, they were so welcoming and kind, I felt completely spoiled. The room was clean, cozy, comfortable, and constantly stocked with various teas,coffees,cookies, and treats. And the breakfasts? Wow! Geoff prepared a delicious full English breakfast each morning, and since I was there so long, came up with yummy variations for me so I wouldn't get bored. And on my last morning, when I had an early train, he sent me off with a packed breakfast plus cookies and water for my trip. I'm really missing those delicious breakfasts! And Sylvia was the epitome of attentiveness. She made sure I had everything I needed, and gave me tips on things to do in town and where I could get discounts. Between the huge breakfasts by Geoff (I usually could skip lunch) and the tips from Sylvia, I saved a good amount of money. And, as indicated on their website, the location is fantastic, a five-minute walk from the center of Stratford and the theater. I don't have a car, so it was the perfect base for me. Based on the criteria of location, comfort, cleanliness, amenities, and value for money alone, Broadlands would get an excellent rating. And when you add the factors of Sylvia and Geoff, it becomes some place very special. I hope to visit Broadlands and Stratford-upon-Avon again in the future. Thank you Sylvia and Geoff!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Ealing, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We had a great stay in Broadlands Bed & Breakfast in Stratford-Upon-Avon last week when we went there to see Hamlet at the RST. It was very cosy and we were very well looked after, with a delicious full english breakfast in the morning. It is perfectly situated for going to the theatre and seeing the town. Highly recommended! Pip and Jennie xx

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends