“Magic Alley. The most depressing and uninteresting place imaginable.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of STMO'S Magic Alley

STMO'S Magic Alley
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Magic Alley. The most depressing and uninteresting place imaginable.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I had previously visited Magic Alley before, when I was roughly 6 years old.Even when I went then, I didn't enjoy it entirely, and remembered the little creepy tour of rubbish bought from Ebay and charity shops being completely uninteresting and boring, so this time, we didn't do it. But what we did do was investigate some of the "Magic items" sold in this child's nightmare of a shop. We were greeted by a friendly...If not too friendly shop manager/employee, after wandering the shop for a bit, and looking at the "spells" which consisted of tissue paper and "magic dust" which was pretty much glitter, we found the wands. Originally I had thought these would be the wands sold officially by Warner Brothers, Y'know, the good ones. In actual fact, they were "Hand crafted" sticks, that were all "Different". They were different. Ever so slightly. All of them had the same unappealing design, just coloured slightly differently and maybe a different wood was used. The creepy employee I mentioned before quickly spotted that we saw the wands, and quickly were greeted by his slightly homicidal grin. He then went on to try and sell my friend a wand, asking the question if he was "mischevious or good" To which he replied "Good", But according to our lovely hanibal lecter-like friend, Whoever said they were good, was insane. Much to my 17 year old friend's delight. We then made a hasty excuse to leave, in fear of him becoming a bit too friendly with us. I seriously would not recommend the "Magic" alley to anyone, Parent, Child, or Human being who has some splinter of excitement in their lives..

4 Thank Idontknowwhatowrite

Birmingham, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“So much fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

What a great bit of fun this was. Especially if you are a big kid with a fascination of Harry potter like things, was very surprised at how large the upstairs area was. The only down side was it could be a bit cramped if it was really busy, but that just adds to the fun. It is only a few doors away from Shakespears birthplace so it is in a very good location.

Would definitely recommend this if you have a good imagination.

Visited August 2014
Bradford, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Loved the creaky cauldron”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I absolutely loved this place. Reminded me very much of a shop you'd find in Disney world. Someone mentioned over priced wands crystals etc but £1 for a tumblestone and £5.99 for a book is very reasonable to me. I loved the spell kits and the wands etc..would definately visit again as this along with the Nutcracker over the road seemed to be the best places to visit in what I thought otherwise was a disappointing trip to the birthplace of the Bard.

London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Great fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We really enjoyed this little gem. It oozes atmosphere and originality. The owner was very enthusiastic and this added to the charm of the attraction. Highly recommend.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Don't waste your money!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Visited here today based on some of the reviews we read and wished we hadn't of bothered!! What a total waste of time & £20!!! The only review I agree with on here as that it is dark dingy rooms filled with crap of eBay!! My boys (6 & 8) were bored in minutes!! There are other more interesting places to visit for £20, try Mad Museum!!

4 Thank Emma Y