Open today: 10:00 - 15:30

from US$124.76
from US$91.12
from US$144.41
5,099 results
All reviews actors performing gift shop grew up shakespeare fans old house worth a visit interesting visit great place to visit birthplace garden stratford scenes excerpts information visitors literature writer
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 September 2019 via mobile

Very intresting place at the heart of Stratford, very busy but not over crowded, on the day we attended we watched 2 ladies perform some Shakespeare Scripts and thought that was brillaint!

Hopefully will be back over Christmas to tour the other houses.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed 3 September 2019 via mobile

We were staying in Coventry for a football event and decided to take a trip to Stratford-upon-Avon. Absolutely lovely place the food market was amazing. We decided to visit Shakespeare's birth place and loved it. Will definitely visit again and see the other houses.

Reviewed 3 September 2019

The best thing about Shakeseare's Birthpace is the use of very knowledgeable actors around the place. I'd been trying to get to see the place for years during my many trips, but had always run out of time (they close at 5pm, so it never really fit my own schedule). I'm very glad I finally made it; I am a lifelong follower of old Willy Wagglestaff, but I felt it was one of those places I can say, "OK I've done that now." The folks in the rooms in costume were great, though, and I wish we had had the time to linger longer.

1  Thank anjichops
Reviewed 3 September 2019 via mobile

Visited Shakespeare’s Birthplace yesterday with my wife and our newborn. It was a fantastic experience - as most of you would have studied shakespeare this is a great experience to understand our national bard.

The only negative is that you cannot take a pram/pushchair around the house. Very understandable as it is very narrow and historic. But just a warning to be prepared to carry your little one around the house.

Thank you to all the actors and historians who were working at there yesterday. Everyone we met was fantastic!

Date of experience: September 2019
ShakespeareBT, House Manager at Shakespeare's Birthplace, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2019

Thank you very much for your review. I am so pleased you and your family enjoyed your recent visit. Our staff are very dedicated and committed and so will be thrilled to know they made your day. Thank you also for understanding about the pushchairs, we love welcoming so many visitors into the house, but it does take it’s toll, so we try to limit any possible wear and tear when we can!

Reviewed 3 September 2019

£17.50 for what takes no longer than 15-20 minutes is appalling. here appeared to be zero artefacts of Shakespeare himself but lots of stuff inspired by him, even a Star Wars poster ffs. The guides were nice enough but even then for instance the "birthroom" was where they thought he may have been born. A tourist trap that I wish I had avoided.

Date of experience: September 2019

Thank you for your review, I am sorry you did not enjoy your visit. Unfortunately none of Shakespeare’s possessions survive but his legacy certainly does, which is why we highlight the continuing global reach of his work, especially into popular culture hence the Star Wars reference, along with many others. We have friendly and knowledgeable guides who would have been happy to talk to you and our professional actors performing in the garden. Perhaps, as your ticket is valid for a year you will give us another go.