“Impressive cakes!”

Hobsons Patisseries
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stopped off here for lunch and was very impressed with what we found. The quiche and pies looked amazing but we all indulged in the Afternoon Tea. The sandwiches were nice (not the most adventurous of fillings but suitably delicate and tasty) but the scone was delicious. Sultana or plain with jam and clotted cream - definitely the highlight of the tea. There was also a slice of Victoria Sponge and plenty of tea or coffee. Altogether, I have eaten more exciting afternoon teas but the food here is delicious and the atmosphere charming. If I returned to Stratford I would definitely be stopping off at Hobsons!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,032)

Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is one of our regular stops for coffee especially when we're in the mood for a really good cake. There is a huge choice and the quality is excellent. The coffee is good too. Be warned - a large cappucino is enormous! The place is always busy even on a rainy Monday in January, but there are a lot of tables. The decor is a bit too 'olde worlde' for me, but hey it's on Henley Street in Stratford.
A tip for visitors - they have a bargain stall outside after about 4.00 pm where you can buy their pies as well as cakes. Listen out for the bell.
The only criticism I have is the service is impersonal and you'll be hard pressed to raise a smile never mind a word. Still the cakes are wonderful.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

we stopped off here for lunch. We had a mexican chicken baguette and a roast beef baguette. Both served with a side salad and crisps. Very good value, quick polite service and very tasty food. The cakes etc were amazing. We didn't have room left for a pud but if looks were anything to go by they were delicious and so much choice. Really top lunch.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Lovely birthday experience!
Tried a selection of cakes have to visit again, tastes as good as Selfridges cakes in birmingham!!! Love it! Take friends and family....

Reviewed 6 May 2014

If I wanted to be ultra-critical, I would say there is far too much choice when it comes to cake!

Popped in here just for a cream tea actually & ended up having lunch AND cake :) The lunch menu was just too good to resist offering such a wide choice. I opted for a piece of quiche & my fellow diners, a pie & a baguette. All served with salad/crisps, lovely & fresh & very tasty.

The cakes were all quite clearly homemade & looked delicious. It did take ages to select one as I wanted to try them all or at least a taster. I'd suggest a special tasting menu of five varieties. Our party of five had the butter cherry crumble, carrot cake, lemon drizzle, double choc gateaux & choc profiterole cheescake. Not a crumb was left.

Party of five tea, drinks, lunch & cake all came to £40 which was worth it in my opinion. Great service, lovely little wonky, quirky restaurant & fab food. I'm just glad this is three hours from home as could prove to ruin me :)

1  Thank Samantha P