“Hit and miss on good food”
Review of The Golden Bee

The Golden Bee
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: International, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: It is a pub too. One of the JD Wetherspoons company growing portfolio of hotels and dining pubs. Only a minute walk from the river and RSC.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Hit and miss on good food”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I went here with husband and his family and we had a very nice meal, everyone enjoyed what they had, a few days later we went again with my family and the food was awful, the chicken was dry, the chips were overdone and the vegetables for the Sunday dinner were frozen and tasteless and the meat tasted like plastic. Will certainly not eat here again when there are so many other nice places in Stratford

Visited June 2014
Tammy M, Manager at The Golden Bee, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Im very sorry you felt this way on your visit to us, we strive to deliver good service and food to all our guests. This is something i will look in to and make sure doesn't happen to anyone else that dines with us. I hope you will return to us in the near future so you can see that your latest visit was just a blip and not a regular experience that our customers recieve.

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Regular Customer..”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I am a regular customer to the Golden Bee, usually I find the food and service very good however today I was a little disappointed. I went for lunch today (20.06.14) with my mum, when we arrived it was very busy this was about 2.20pm, After finding a table that was part clean(a lot had not been cleared) we ordered our food and was told there would be a 15-20min wait which was fine with us. I understand that this was a busy afternoon however the place started to clear and we were still waiting for our food. We finally had our food served 45mins later with NO apology, we had to ask for our table to be wiped twice after it was left sticky and bitty from the previous customers. The food was ok, however not many chips served and onion rings very greasy.

• Visited June 2014
Tammy M, Manager at The Golden Bee, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Hi, we would like to keep your regular custom and this is not good enough from my point of view, there are many excuses I could use, even some quite valid, but I won't. There is never an excuse for me, no matter how busy you are, to apologise. I shall speak to the manager on duty for that day and discuss what went wrong, how it could of been prevented and it could of been dealt with. Thank you for letting us know, my managers and staff would never improve without people like yourselves taking the time out to tell us. Hopefully things will improve very quickly and we hope to see you again soon.
Redditch
“Great veggie burgers!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The pub was packed as it was a Friday, & we were told upon ordering that the food would be a little while, but it wasn't an excessive wait considering how busy it was. We ordered two veggie burgers & one fish & chips, & all arrived hot, nicely cooked with plenty of nice chips (you know sometimes, the chips are just limp & lukewarm? These were actually very nice.)
The crowd were mostly young & loud & a bit too sweary but you can't blame the pub for the loud mouth on the next table.
In all, better than most Weatherspoon's I've been to.

• Visited April 2014
Tammy M, Manager at The Golden Bee, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
We are glad you enjoyed your food, however we want you to enjoy all of your experience with us and loud mouth youths is not acceptable in our pub, please please always let the staff know and they will always sort out the situation discreetly.
Southampton
“Above average Wetherspoons”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

The service has been good and the beer excellent so far, only down side is the usual problem with 'spoons, not turning the pump clip away from the customer when that beer has run out, no matter what Tim Martin may say publicly it must be company policy to break the law in this way as it happens in virtually all Wetherspoons pubs.

Tammy M, Manager at The Golden Bee, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for your comments. It is a case of a no win situation with the ale clips for us pubs I'm afraid because if you turn the badge away it doesn't look good and it also looks bad if you can't sell the product because it has run out. As much as we endeavour to change the beer or put an available soon badge on straight away, it is sometimes very difficult because the other customers who are waiting to be served do not not deem this important and do not want to wait. So as soon as there is a 'moment' we run off and sort out the beers. I can assure you here it is very important this is done asap so we keep on top of line cleaning and keeping the beer in great condition by selling it as soon as it has conditioned perfectly. A lot of hard work goes into the cellar and keeping the ale in perfect condition and we have built up a good reputation with CAMRA and ale drinkers around locally but I shall reiterate to my management team how important it is to get those available soon badges on straight away and have them at hand rather than in the cellar. We have a magazine and there is an address you can write to about your thoughts and Tim does read them all. Thanks for using us and we hope to see you again soon.
Castleford, United Kingdom
“Great Pub”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Fab pub with all the usual 'spoons trappings, spacious, lots of different seating areas including an adults only area and smoking area at the back. Lovely pub, clean and friendly

Visited June 2014
Tammy M, Manager at The Golden Bee, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you :-) we appreciate your review, hope to see you again soon