“Unpleasant bar staff. ”

Rose and Crown
Price range: US$5 - US$19
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a traditional English pub with some really great traditional meals
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Early evening the one member of staff at the bar is serving only the people that walk up in front of him, pretending to not see all the people actually queuing. When by some miracle I did get served my pint was practically thrown at me and he refused to wipe the outside of the glass dry. THe final straw is he short changed me £5, I knew what his answer would be before I asked so I didnt bother.

Worst barstaff I have ever encountered, so practiced was his ignorance I doubt if this was anything other than business as usual. Avoiding this pub from here on out.

There are newer reviews for Rose and Crown

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Took ages to get served at the bar, then just as it was my turn, the barmaid left without making eye contact with anyone. There were a couple of complaints about waiting for food also which was taking upto an hour. Nice area outside!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The R&C stays true to the city it resides in with its timber frame and oldy worldy interior. The staff were friendly enough and the prices are competitive but we found it's charms getting lost in the lack of atmosphere there, something we couldn't quite put our finger on but never the less an impressive building and one to definitely check out

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Good range of hand pump beer and cider. Really enjoyed it when it came. One lady was on the bar and didn't seem to have worked on there before. There was quite a queue and the guy walking around (maybe the manager) never offered to help her.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Went for a drink in the evening. It's a large place but was practically empty. We have been in very old pubs many times but this one just seemed very drab and didn't appear clean and the seating wasn't comfortable and inviting. There are tatty old wine bottles with melted candle wax - surely this went out with the 70s and doesn't fit in with an old English pub? We have a pub in our local area which is a few hundred years old, also called The Rose and Crown, and is nothing like the Stratford pub - this one is clean and cosy.

We had the one drink and didn't even finish them as the whole place felt manky. We saw glasses being "washed" in grey water. Yuk. Definitely wouldn't eat there. Such a shame, as this could be a nice,cosy old-fashioned pub.