“Swinging back in time!”

The Fourteas
Price range: US$3 - US$24
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A 1940s themed Tea Room in Stratford-Upon-Avon. Come and join us in the 1940s and experience gorgeous loose leaf teas or a lovely cup of coffee accompanied by sandwiches on locally baked bread or try a cake or scone made daily on the premises by one of our bakers. No packet mixes or frozen products here. We also offer a gluten free cake each day and will do our best to help any other allergies too. The Fourteas is an experience not to be missed. The Fourteas has won the 2012 TouchFM Pride of Stratford Awards Town Outlet of the Year and has been selected by Jamie Oliver for his best 1000 Places To Eat In Britain app. We have recently moved to larger premises, but we are still only operating from one shop with no plans to expand to a chain yet!
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was an experience that felt so right in Stratford amongst all the history. The guide at Nash's House suggested we try it and we were glad we did.
Authentically dressed waitresses dealt with the busy tea room expertly and were charming. The scones were the best I have had, so light and tasty, and the large teapot was a blast from the past, along with the green teacups and saucers. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,873)

Reviewed 24 May 2014

This delightful place about 2 minutes from the RSC theatre really hits the spot for a snack lunch,which is what we had,but from all appearances you can have a posh afternoon tea as well!
They do a deal of soup and half a sandwich for £6.50-the soup,mushroom yesterday,was scrummy ,and the half sandwich was really a whole one -2 full granary slices well filled with all sorts of things-I had brie and bacon-excellent!
Real tea - no bags here!-in enormous Church Hall teapots-they even brought eggtimers and gave brewing instructions on how long to leave it for your favourite strength of tea.
All sorts of posters, ration books,appropriate background music played through a splendid period radio really added to the splendid atmosphere.

Very highly recommended,do not miss!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

My husband and myself came accross the tea room and said we'd nip in. Wow! 1940's throughout, and they were in dress too. The staff are very pleasant and the food was Deliciously fresh sandwiches, free refills on hot drinks, and they even brought our jam & scone after our sandwiches and it was still warm. Definately going to go back.

1  Thank jacjolly
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stopped here for a cup of tea, I wanted to try what looked liked delicious scones but I was too full, I didn't really need to stop but I had walked past and it looked so inviting and had to stop for a drink. I had the bora bora tea (a fruit loose tea) it was delicious. If I return to Stratford this will definitely be on my list!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

1940's themed café, lovely décor and good food. A great place to visit for something different. Gluten-free food is also available.