“A Wonderful Tea Room and so much more”
Review of The Fourteas

The Fourteas
Price range: US$3 - US$23
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A 1940s themed Tea Room in Stratford-Upon-Avon. Come and join us in the 1940s and experience gorgeous loose leaf teas or a lovely cup of coffee accompanied by sandwiches on locally baked bread or try a cake or scone made daily on the premises by one of our bakers. No packet mixes or frozen products here. We also offer a gluten free cake each day and will do our best to help any other allergies too. The Fourteas is an experience not to be missed. The Fourteas has won the 2012 TouchFM Pride of Stratford Awards Town Outlet of the Year and has been selected by Jamie Oliver for his best 1000 Places To Eat In Britain app. We have recently moved to larger premises, but we are still only operating from one shop with no plans to expand to a chain yet!
West Sussex
“A Wonderful Tea Room and so much more”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This tea rooms provides a lovely step back in time with a 40's theme. The decor and music reflects the 40's, menu's are ration books, the waitresses are in the dress of the period, and the food and drinks lovely. Real pots of tea are served (with leaves) complete with timer for a perfect brew. We shall visit it again but next time have the afternoon tea which looked delicious.

Visited July 2014

Oakham, England, United Kingdom
“An amazing experience”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I organised a hen do/birthday event for my best friend last weekend and had arranged to have a cream tea lunch at the Fourteas. Their communication beforehand had been excellent and they had provided us with the Spitfire Room upstairs to give us some privacy and space. This was all decked out in union jack bunting and paper chains and looked ever so festive. Our waitress Michelle was absolutely lovely and saw to our every whim (she must have been run ragged but remained cheery, smiley and breezy the entire time).

We all had the Ivor Novello cream tea and the sandwiches and cakes were absolutely gorgeous and presented beautifully. Washed down with a delicious glass of prosecco and gallons of tea. It was a really nice touch that the whole Fourteas team came upstairs to sing happy birthday to my friend and present her with a little cake and a candle!

We also really enjoyed dressing up in the wartime hats and costumes, and posing by the anderson shelter in the back garden. It's the attention to detail that makes this place such a find - even when we had some leftovers, they were boxed up in a little gas mask box with string to wear over your shoulder!

If I come back to Stratford - and I'm sure I will - this will be one of the first places I stop off at on arrival.

Well done on an excellent business, and thank you all to your wonderful staff.

• Visited July 2014
Evesham, United Kingdom
“Sausages on ration!!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Nice atmosphere with a 40`s feel (obviously) to the cafe.

Coffee was nice, small but nice. You do get a free refill though so no complaints.

However, I had the most pathetic sausage sandwich with tiny sausages and only a couple of them!

Not cheap either, very 40`s as it gave a rationed feel to the meal!

several people heard asking for extra clotted cream for the scones.

Come on guys, portion control needs reviewing.

Unique kind of cafe but let down by the portion size.

• Visited June 2014
Brierley Hill, United Kingdom
“Perfect nostalgic trip for grandparents.”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We came here as a family (12 of us) for a birthday celebration for both of my grandparents and I.
Staff were very friendly and even sang happy birthday to us whilst bringing out our afternoon tea complete with a candle in our cupcake.
The food was lovely, great sandwiches, and just enough. However I would recommend that they make sure there are two of each cakes on the afternoon tea as when sharing we had to cut a few of the dainty little ones in half whereas it would have been better if we had one each.

The little touches really made it. My grandparents felt really nostalgic with the music, posters and even recognised the crockery!

It was a wonderful trip

Visited July 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Was recommended”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Took my son here for a cake and drink in the afternoon after school.He thoroughly enjoyed as he had been learning about the war at school. The atmosphere was good with the waitresses in old style dress and the menus were ration books.
The tea was made with loose tea and came out with an egg timer to make sure you left it to brew long enough. The cakes were on the pricier side but were big but my chocolate brownie was very dry. My son had the chocolate cake which he really enjoyed.
The staff were all very pleasant and the actual café was very clean and tidy.

• Visited July 2014