“Brilliant Going Back in Time”
Review of The Fourteas

The Fourteas
Price range: US$3 - US$23
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: A 1940s themed Tea Room in Stratford-Upon-Avon. Come and join us in the 1940s and experience gorgeous loose leaf teas or a lovely cup of coffee accompanied by sandwiches on locally baked bread or try a cake or scone made daily on the premises by one of our bakers. No packet mixes or frozen products here. We also offer a gluten free cake each day and will do our best to help any other allergies too. The Fourteas is an experience not to be missed. The Fourteas has won the 2012 TouchFM Pride of Stratford Awards Town Outlet of the Year and has been selected by Jamie Oliver for his best 1000 Places To Eat In Britain app. We have recently moved to larger premises, but we are still only operating from one shop with no plans to expand to a chain yet!
Poole, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Going Back in Time”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Two years ago the tea rooms moved to Sheep Street not far from the river – normally my Partner and I frequent Ann Hathaway’s Tea Room on the High Street – for a change just this once we thought we would investigate the 1940 Tea Rooms. All who enter the tea rooms stand and wait to be seated, eventually one of the staff placed us by a post so
unfortunately we couldn’t see a lot, stood up to have a quick look around.

A very busy tea room with a good atmosphere - what is really interesting is the tea room is set in the 1940 with 1940 memorabilia everywhere - all the staff are dressed in 1940 clothes, Music 1940, even the two toilets, wonderful.

The staff are very busy and obviously under pressure so it is very difficult to attract the staff’s attention. Lots to choose from on the menu – eventually we decided on The Ivor Novello afternoon tea £12.50 per person which included a large pot of tea - Not a lot of variety on the Ivor Novello - only allowed one sandwich each, One - not very fresh scone with only enough jam and cream for one person, also a couple of cakes – very expensive for what a person had. Although The Four Teas was expensive and we were sat by a post - going back in time to the 1940 was the most enjoyable experience of the couple of hours we spent in the Tea Room.

• Visited August 2014

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Definitely recommended”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We visited this tearoom whilst visiting a cousin who lives near Stratford, she recommended the visit and I m so glad she did. We chose the tea and scones which are delicious and they have their own blend of tea, I bought a packet to bring home as it was so nice. The atmosphere is friendly and welcoming and the 1940 theme is wonderful, although I was born in 1951 I remember my parents playing the same music and of course I have old photos of my mum in her 40s dresses. There is good selection of fayre on the menu so whether you are just looking for a snack or something more filling I'm sure you ll find it here. It is nice to be served by such pleasant staff and when we return to Stratford we will definitely visit again.

• Visited August 2014
Almere, The Netherlands
“Nice atmosphere for a high tea”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Surprised that you better have a reservation for a tea. We didn't and got a table on the first stock.

Visited August 2014
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Really great experience”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Went for afternoon tea and it was like stepping back in time. Staff all in 40's dress and with the setting and music you could be back in 1940.they have added a sitting room/ parlour very original as well as an Anderson shelter where you can take your afternoon tea. Highly recommend a visit.

Visited August 2014
Tamworth, United Kingdom
“Great Tea & a Scone! :o)”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a morning day trip to Stratford upon Avon with my parents and son and stumbled across this lovely tea rooms! We just wanted a cup of tea and we were tempted by the scones too! Friendly welcome by waitress in the traditional 40's dress and had a great experience with a fantastic ambience! Welcomed my 5 month old son too & plenty of space for his pushchair! Reasonably priced too! Will be back to share my experience with my husband!