“Great Tour”

Diamond Tours - Private Tours
Ranked #12 of 18 Tours in Stratford-upon-Avon
More attraction details
Owner description: This tour company made it possible for us to have an entire day in the Cotswolds alone. Wonderful service. Want to review it here so others can find this company. Fee was reasonable, pick up at our B&B, licensed and very informative. We paid 60 pounds each for 7 1/2 hours of private tour to the towns WE wanted to see. Wonderful
Sherman Oaks, California, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

We took a train out of London and met Bob at the train station in Devon (?). He was waiting for us and we started the tour immediately. Bob had a map of where he proposed we visit and answered our questions before we asked! For example, time to shop. Of course. Will we have an adequate time for lunch. Of course. A very congenial gentlemen who has lived in the area "forever" and knows the history of the area in great detail. Well worth the time without traveling with a group of strangers on a "set" tour.

Leon and Batya Sturman

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Leonjay

Tauranga, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“MarciaW New Zealand”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We had never booked a private tour before, so were a bit hesitant, but there was no need to worry as Bob made you feel very comfortable and we had a fantastic day touring 6 villages through the Cotswold's, all so pretty and different from each other. Bob is very knowledgeable and knows where the best photo shots should be taken from. We came away with a new appreciation for these different buildings in each village - like stone, slate and thatch roofs.
Our tour included the villages of Broadway, a drive through Stanton, Lower Slaughter, Bourton-on-the-Water, and Stow-on-the-Wold. We would recommend his tours as a great way to see the Cotswold's if like us you are arriving by train and without a car, and it is excellent value for money.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank MarciaW48
Claremont, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wondrful Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

We spent a wonderful day with Bob visiting some of the beautiful villages in the Cotswolds. He was able to take us off the beaten path to places the big tour buses cannot navigate. He gave us directions on how to get from London to Banbury on the train and met us at the station when we arrived, also made sure we were back at the station in time to catch the train back to London. Bob was very prompt in getting back to me with any questions I had prior to our visit. He is very friendly and you soon felt as though you were traveling with a old friend. He is well versed on the history of the area and we gained a lot of information that you would not get on a bus tour. A private tour with Bob is definitely the way to go. Thank you Bob for a great day!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank vjenk
Wellington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fabulous Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

I had a fabulous day out with Bob. I was traveling on my own and felt very comfortable been taken around the Cotswold's by Bob who was very professional and friendly taking me to places I couldn't get to by public transport or private coach. I would recommend this type of tour to any one traveling on their own, the tour was personalized to what and where I wanted to go as well as Bob making suggestions given his local knowledge.

Visited May 2013
5 Thank gardensWellington
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

A close friend referred me to Bob and his Diamond Tours after she and her parents-in-law had a wonderful experience touring the Cotswolds with him. Bob was very responsive when I contacted him and even helped us plan the easiest train route to get from London to the Cotswolds. He took us to five different villages in that area, each one very different from the next, and he gave us a really good understanding of the history and diversity of the area. We have a lovely day seeing the countryside, visiting different cottages, shopping in the little boutique shops, and having tea and cake in one of the local tea rooms. I think my parents felt it was the highlight of their trip - thank you Bob! I would definitely recommend touring with him and we will be sure book again for our next visit to the English countryside!

Visited May 2013