The New Inn
  • Room Service
Sequoia House(Stratford-upon-Avon)
Thistle(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Restaurant
Macdonald Swan's Nest Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Restaurant
The White Swan Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Breakfast included
Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Pool
All reviewswowcher dealclifford chambersfew minutes drivepuddingbus stopnice puba ground floor roomwould stay againroom was clean and comfortablestratford centreyogurtone night staystayed for nightsboth morningsfull english breakfastpleasant stayevening meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We booked this hotel on a Wowcher deal and we were not disappointed at all. The service was very friendly and the people behind the bar when we pooped in for a drink were lovely. The room was clean as was the en-suite. The room had all amenities we needed. Breakfast was lovely and contrary to some other reviews, toast was brought freshly to us on a plate at the table. It is a short drive from a new park and ride to Stratford which we found very useful being unsure of the cost of parking in the town. We had a lovely 2 nights there and considering our room was on the ground floor by the road we did not have disturbed sleep at all. Thank you to the staff that made our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wendy A
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Stayed for 2 nights,12th,13th Feb 2014,on the wowcher deal,although the carvery was not as hot as it could have been the stay was excellent,freshly cooked breakfast both mornings and a lovely meal on the second night,recommend the hot rock cooking

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chelseaboy57
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We booked for a two night stay via a 'Wowcher deal', £99 for two nights b&b and a carvery on one evening.
Not a bad deal we thought, and after reading recent good reviews we were quite looking forward to it.
NOT THE CASE!!!
The pub side is ok, however we chose to eat from the normal menu on the first night, and bearing in mind it was only a quarter full we had to wait 55 mins for our mains to arrive.
I was so hungry and when the food came it was only ok and my plate had a black hair on it!!!!
i decided not to complain as i didn't want to wait any longer .
The carvery was busy with people queuing and they seamed to finish their three courses before we had even been served ours. However the queues were due to the elusive chef/server not being around!!
ROOMS. Oh my god where do i start, they look nothing like what is advertised on the website, very mis-leading.
Our bed was the smallest 4ft6" I've ever seen, and the two pillows were like stone.
The radiator in the room did not work and the bathroom light went out after 30 seconds!!!
It was so noisy, we were in bedroom number 4 and could hear the music below word for word until 11.30pm!!!
The walls were paper thin and I could here every word form next door and even their bodily sounds!!!, hence the worst nights sleep I have ever had in my life.
The room was dirty and needed updating and a good clean.
Breakfast: An attempt at a buffet breafast, one of the worst I have seen, even bread was toasted and left in a buffet tray, I mean how hard is it to do fresh toast and tea and coffee, verdict…disgusting .
Needless to say we could not wait to check out after only one night, the staff did not question as to why we where leaving early and did not offer any discount which I think is disgusting, the man that was serving breakfast was extremely rude when he spoke to me this morning and did not have a clue what he was talking about.
Will NEVER return and I do not recommend it to anyone, no wonder they were doing wowcher breaks!!!
As the saying goes, ALL FUR COAT AND NO KNICKERS!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank trishtrish007
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stayed for two nights with a friend in January with a 'Wowcher' voucher - which included two nights stay for two with full English breakfast and one carvery dinner each for just £100! The hotel is modern, clean, the staff friendly and the food delicious. The drinks in the bar are reasonably priced and there's plenty of parking spaces.

An absolutely perfect stay.

It's about a 30-40 minute walk into Stratford-Upon-Avon town which is the only down side, but it's a short drive and the distance from the town centre means that it is very quiet. Would 100% recommend!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 January 2014

our 2 day break at the new inn, was a very enjoyable. The room was lovely and the staff were very welcoming. The weather was pretty dreadful but the log burner in the bar made you feel cosy and relaxed. The meals in the restaurant were beautiful my husband tried the salt rock steak a entertaining experience of cooking your own steak. will definitely return as Stratford is a beautiful place to visit

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple