“Decent food but third rate hygiene”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lime Tree Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We visited this last Saturday for a light lunch at the cafe (rather than the waitress service restaurant). Long wait to order our food from the counter (mostly one young lad on duty on his own) and nearly every table had uncleared crockery and food remains on it. Crushed crisps all over the floor too, and this was only about 12.15 pm! Looked like there'd been a chimps' tea party. I did mention this to a young lady working there who said they were short-staffed but from what I saw there appeared to be plenty of staff!

Food was what you'd expect, I had ham and mustard and the ham was the slimy processed stuff, not freshly cut from a joint. Decent salad and crisps to accompany.

Admittedly it was a busy Saturday in the run-up to Christmas so lots of kids but I still don't think that's an excuse to relax hygiene standards. I'd expect better. They think people don't notice or that if they do that they won't bother to say anything but if everyone behaved like that none of these places would ever make improvements.

1  Thank SueB_8
There are newer reviews for Lime Tree Restaurant

Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

We visited the garden centre with my parents on a gorgeous day, and sitting outside having tea and cake seemed like a great idea. We ordered the afternoon tea and were amazed at the speed of service and the quality and quantity of food delivered. It was great value for money and a throughly enjoyable way to while away an hour. Looking forward to our next visit!

Reviewed 16 April 2013

The restaurant is smart and modern, with friendly and efficient service. However on the lunchtime menu there was only one vegetarian option, which was heavily oiled mushroom ravioli - a bit more choice would be appreciated. Otherwise it was good but a bit overpriced for what you get.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Smashing full english breakfast, at a reasonable price. Cooked fresh to order, and all produce was first class. (My husbands choice)
I had Eggs Benedict, and that too was lovely. Ham was aplenty and off the bone. Eggs were cooked perfectly, just the Hollandaise was tepid and not as hot as it could of been.
Coffee was good too.
Restaurant moved to another area from we last visited some time ago, so hope their lunch and tea menu is just as good and " homemade".

Reviewed 20 March 2013

Me and my partner were on our way to Stratford garden centre when we saw this place and decided to pop in for a light lunch. We were greeted with a warm reception from the young girl serving and had a nice lunch. The menu is fab and the customer service is compatible to a high street restaurant.